News:

Main Menu

Facebook connections.....

Started by vadasz1, May 01, 2011, 04:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I was wondering if alot of ROV members might have facebook accounts that I can link to as friends.  Currently I just realized that one of my facebook friends used to have a couple of Visions, and his brother still has an original 83 that hasn't been touched in a long time.  This guy's name is Frank Yang and lives out in Pasadena California.

Here is what he messaged me.

I had a 82 then sold it for a 83 and I had that bike for 10+ years before selling it to another 82 Vision owner who wanted a 83 in San Francisco. I did some pretty crazy mods like putting larger 82 disc up front on my 83 and fabricating custom caliper bracket to work with the larger disc. Wolf Racing (Canadian) 2-1 exhaust. Kosman Racing widen the rear rim to fit a 140/150 tire. Works Performance rear shock that shave 5lb off the stock steel shock. Young's Custom gunfighter seat.

My brother still have his stock 83 Vision, though its been sitting for a while, it needs to be restored or pass it on to someone who appreciated them. I wish Yamaha introduce a sporting V twin into their line up but think Vision was such a marketing disaster (new one's still linger on showroom floor in 87) that Yamah never put a sporting v twin engine in a street bike again. The Yamaha MT-01 is close as it gets but a push-rod V twin will never cut the muster in my opinion.

You can tell I'm still pretty passion about Vision's :) Do you have a Vision? is so which year and your experience?
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

spectre

Interesting... I do, search "kenneth Byer" my picture is of me in my gear, I'll add any visonaries
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Brian Moffet

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Hartless

my facebook pofile is on my rov profile. there is also an rov facebook profile.....
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Hartless

vadasz1

Looks like the XZ550 group on facebook will be archived, and a new group should be started using facebook's new format.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Hartless

kev10104

mdskinner731

cant say i have a face book account!!! just one of those things no time... lol
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

lexx790

Are we adding each other as friends to a group or what ??
Mine is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1005887172

Lucky

i'll cut & paste a few of these..  :)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

I started the xz550 group on facebook.  I'll have to check on it.

David

EDIT:  I "updated" it.

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)