Why I haven't been around lately

Started by h2olawyer, May 15, 2011, 12:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Hi all -

Sorry I haven't been around much.  My mom has been very ill, battling liver cancer and I've been busy taking care of her.  We decided to end treatments last week and begin hospice care.  She doesn't have much time left.  So, I should be back in the loop soon.  Will not be as active as before, but will still be here semi-regularly.

Professor Rex is going to leave his Visions with me to fix up and do with what I want, so I'll probably be looking for some encouragement to get those projects done this summer.  Not sure what all I'll have to work with or work on, but it should keep me busy.

I'll leave it to him to explain what he will be up to (if he hasn't already).

My prayers are with Lucky and his family.  Just saw that post title and read a couple of the early entries.  Will read more after I finish writing this.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

fret not

H2O, sorry to hear what you and family are going through.  It is part of what we all will go through eventually one way or another.  Try to remember the good things.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Cdnlouie

Your Mom is truly blessed by your care for her, these are special moments even in the midst of a trial like this.  I remember spending time with my father many years ago and I do not regret the time spent together.  We will pray for you both and trust that the peace that comes from God's grace and mercy will keep you both in his care.

Thank-you for sharing this with us,

h2olawyer

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers, they mean a lot to me and were a comfort to mom.  Caring for her was both very rewarding and difficult, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Will be back on a semi-regular contributing basis soon.  I've been away too long and many of you here are almost like family - even though we most likely haven't met.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.