Dismantled Engine Photos... CHECK THS OUT!

Started by Leather, November 24, 2003, 06:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.

Walt_M.

This is some good stuff! If somebody is having trouble describing something they are having a problem with or needs to know how something should look, this is a handy reference. Wonder how he found the time to do it?
Whale oil beef hooked!

JaBey

Before anyone invests in a parts catalog I recommend you visit the Yamaha website. Especially if you are trying to describe something. All parts break downs with part numbers are available online. Yamaha and Kawasaki are the ONLY companies, car or bike that offer this.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/

click on Parts&Service --> Parts Catalog

It will open a seperate window where you then choose Motorcycles and click GO.

It contains every bike and breakdown between 1963-Present

Whenever someone wants a part from me they can't describe, I download and send them the appropiate pic and tell them to tell me the number it's pointing at :P

Lucky

I also have that stuff on CD for anyone who wants it, haynes & Yamaha manual, RJ parts catalog & wiring diagram. $7 plus what ever donation you feel like making for CD's & labels
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

scootertramp

excellent photos!
Much better than the manual.
thanks!
so the starter clutch is behind the flywheel and the stator is attached to the outside cover! cool! thanks! 8)
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

George R. Young

Quoteexcellent photos!
so . . . the stator is attached to the outside cover! cool! thanks! 8)

Sooner or later (more likely sooner), eveyone with a Vision finds out first hand that the stator is attached to the outside cover.

Walt_M.

As they say, 'there's no substitute for experience' and 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.
Whale oil beef hooked!