News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Luggage rack mock up

Started by pullshocks, June 06, 2011, 02:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

Kind of clunky looking so far, but I am pleasantly surprised how solid it is turning out.  Taking the grab handles off and bolting into that structure really made a difference.  I am also bolting into the threaded holes the factory rack uses.

The turn signals need to be relocated to clear the saddle bags.  Haven't quite figured that one out yet

vadasz1

Might as well take the whole factory tail light housing off and mount new LED tail lights and integrated turn signals into the rear face of the luggage rack.  You got enough real estate there to even put a scrolling text bar there as well.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

pullshocks

Why settle for a scrolling text bar? How about a 32" big screen TV facing the drivers behind me?.  I could run advertisements to supplement my income

Lucky

Or, you could do this:

VISIT TIGER'S "VISION PARTS EMPORIUM" Free beer for Locals;D ;D ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on June 07, 2011, 02:47:35 AM
Or, you could do this:

VISIT TIGER'S "VISION PARTS EMPORIUM" Free beer for Locals;D ;D ;D

;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I like that idea Lucky  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8);D ;D ;D

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

pullshocks

Tiger, what rack setup do you have?  How are the side cases attached? or mounted?

Tiger

Quote from: pullshocks on June 07, 2011, 09:45:19 AM
Tiger, what rack setup do you have?  How are the side cases attached? or mounted?

The rear luggage rack is a genuine chrome Vision one which has a sliding back rest, which I removed when I mounted a Givi hard box that has a back pad fitted. The Givi can be removed/reattached very easily, as required... 8)

I bought the Krauser hard bags from my semi-local bike wreckers...they came off of a wrecked Virago. The frames are bolted on to 'The Mistress'...which took a wee bit of thinking and fabricating to get them on right :P This set-up allows me to clip the bags off and on as required... 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

pullshocks

Thanks Tiger.  If you have a way to post up some pictures of how you did the side case attachments, that would be great.  Time to go down to Bent Bike and see what they have. in the way of cases.