Digital dash build log

Started by Extent, June 13, 2011, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Extent

Sooo... being busy looking for work turns into being busy with work, and then being busy working on a 2nd project after hours from the original work.  Two years later... well a co-worker going for his M1 has re-inspired me to put fresh gas in the tank and hit the road again.  And to do that requires a working speedo (the sigma long since run out of batteries)

So now with a simpler set of goals, this has finally been road tested.  Hacked together a bunch of the gnarly old code to make the new screen work on its own without the OLED to support it (since it was impossible to read most of the time)  Didn't bother hooking up the tach or temp sensor just to avoid interference for now, and no real screen space to display it anyway. 

I needed to modify the filter network to deal with the very low duty cycle  (pulse time is only about 4ms at 50mph)  But now it reads accurately against GPS, and no more false readings or crashing.

Still need to figure out how to physically squeeze a bigger (or 2nd) display in there and rewrite all the menuing systems.  But the groundwork is all in place and doing what it needs to.

Here's a couple pictures showing the current dash assembly
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/aapgudlmoj81pf5/AACdrFzPAunjbVYbyeB0R28Ya
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

The Prophet of Doom

Welcome back Extent - hard to believe you've been gone two years

Rikugun

I had to go back and re-read the posts just to jog the memory!
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan