News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Side Stand Switch (Fight with Insp. Shop)

Started by KoenigsTiger, June 22, 2011, 09:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

Boy, I'm glad we don't have that inspection horse hockeym here in AZ. I would have gone to fisticuffs with those morons !!!!I guess I've spent too many years south of the border. I'm not the polite, gentlemanly Canadian, I once was.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

KoenigsTiger

George,  I wish I though of doing that before. Using Canadian Tire.

JohnAMcG,  Yeah my neighbor with a 1970 Kawasaki 2 stroke 500cc bike told me about vintage bike insurance, but to get plates probably will need an inspection anyway. I have't checked it out.

Rick G, Alberta is awesome for that.  I had to move to Ontario for work, I hope to go back. There are no inspections for bikes in Alberta.  Maybe if they came from a different province or US, not sure.  No emissions on cars either. 

Right beside this bike shop, is a cop shop, so no fist fights.  :P

I am still trying to get in touch with the same Enforcement officer.  Talked to one yesterday, one actually responsible for inspection shops.  So I wouldn't have to bring my bike back, he says its a "grey area"...
Everything was good, just "needs an side switch," so they should have passed it at that time, right.  If they knew what they were supposed to check.

I guess I can still fight them a bit, If they find new things wrong, that were missed a week before.  But that would be too much fun, even for me.

Thank guys,
Gene

'69 Beetle
'82 Vision
'86 GS450

Lucky

I once had a older minivan that i took in for inspection. it was the main transport for the family at the time. it failed inspection because the inside rear door handle didn't work very well.  you had to tug it in a certain way to slide the door open.

the shop not only failed it, they removed it from the road because it was 'a serious hazard & safety threat'.

their reasoning?  IF there was a handicapped person in the back, & the vehicle had an accident or went into the water, a handicapped person would have a hard time getting out of the vehicle.

At first I was nice about this with them, they must have misunderstood something, while my son (Spectre) may act retarded, we have no handicapped children....

It took a freaking act of congress, and a lot more money to finally get this vehicle waived for registration but in the end the shop lost & THAT was worth it!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mid Life Crisis

This sounds like the place on Hart Drive....... Notorius for this type of stuff.... let me know and i'll hook you up with a "normal guy"

Whoo hoo another visionary in the barrie area!

JohnAMcG

Im in Maryland, USA and for historic plates the only requirement is 25 years.  It is 20 years for a "street rod" I believe, but no checks of any kind.  No inspection, no emissions check.  The language of the actual rule says it should only be driven for shows, parades and occasional transportation.  That last bit is the most important.  Occasional could mean anything. 
-JM

KoenigsTiger

Lucky,  sounds like you had fun with that van... :-\  This is the same thing I am afraid of.  They will go out if their way to find things to make it fail, or even worse something like in your case.  The "manager" said that its up to the tech's discretion to pass or fail. Funny, I guess there are no concrete list to follow.

No, this is the mission cycle in Angus.  Hope fully I wont have to spend another $50.  But thank you Mid Life Crisis!

I'll check out that vintage bike insurance, but I think its insurance only, but it will save me a few bux for sure.

I just spoke to the Enforcement Officer.  After the wonderful little story, he said the shop is "getting on his nerves."  And he is fully aware of their attitude, he'll call them tomorrow!!!   ;D ;D ;D  I am sure they wont resist any more  ;D

I'll pay them a little visit tomorrow, and my inspection certificate finally!!!  :D

Thanks guys!

P.S.  I'll let you know how it works out!  ;)
'69 Beetle
'82 Vision
'86 GS450

KoenigsTiger

All is good! I won the war.  :D

Got the plates yesterday.  The Enforcement officer ordered them to pass the bike.  I had to wait for the licensed mechanic to show on Wednesday to sign the pass inspection report.  Of course the shop didnt say that were wrong,  and I was right...  But he handed me the paper!

Thank you very much gents!!!  Special thanks to roro, for finding the regulations for Ontario, even tho he is from Australia!!!  Thanks roro!!!

;D ;D ;D
'69 Beetle
'82 Vision
'86 GS450

Re-Vision

Roro is a Kiwi not an Aussie. Don't know if they care what you call them.     BDC

The Prophet of Doom

Glad to help.
I'm not Australian, but will forgive the insult since you are so far away.

KoenigsTiger

Terribly sorry...  :-X

Your Australasian Vision model messed me up.
'69 Beetle
'82 Vision
'86 GS450

Tiger

:) I'm meeting Kev10104 for a run out on Sunday...wanna join us for brunch??

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!