Back on two wheels

Started by Ron_McCoy, June 29, 2011, 07:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron_McCoy

I rode again this morning for the first time since my recent accident. Though it wasn't a Vision(Triumph
Bonneville), it was great!

YellowJacket!

Great to hear that Ron.  Stay safe!   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

8) SUPERB news Ron... 8) Welcome back to riding status buddy...take your time and keep smiling ;D ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

supervision

I'll bet that felt excellent!  You must have been wanting ride that new bike, pretty bad ha?  Back in 1982 when Honda 750 Sabre's came out, I trucked one home from Fresno, and it rained for two months straight! All I could do was sit on it.  So your Bonnie's pretty sweet ha?
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Yeah, I've been wanting to ride for a while. It was great just riding around. I rode to coffee with my local riding buddies yesterday. My physical therapist even says its an important part of my recovery to get back on. The Triumph is really sweet indeed. Its as fast as a Vision, but a lot more torque at lower RPM so it accelerates out of turns really good and actually handles better than a Vision(Ohlins shocks help) and feels lighter and is smoother. The only drawback is chain drive which I haven't had on a street bike for 27 years, but I'm learning to put up with that again. I'm not giving up my Vision though, too many years and too much work invested. Of course I have Visions pretty well figured out now.

QBS

Is your Triumph lighter than the V?  Does it vibrate less than a V?

Ron_McCoy

On the same scale the Triumph is 6 lbs lighter than the Vision, but riding it it feels much lighter. Its a lot smoother too (twin counterbalancers) and amazingly smooth for a twin. The throttle response is just amazing. That's probably the biggest difference. It also has 17" wheels and radial tires.

Ron_McCoy

Finally fired up the Vision I crashed. It seems to run just fine. Now to get it back in riding condition. Doesn't need all that much done and I have all the parts.

darkvision

Hey Ron, Great news!  That was a fast recovery but you are the man.  Your Triumph sounds like a great bike but I glad you'll be restoring your Vision.
Thanks for you and Chris keeping us posted.
all the best , Vic