News:

Main Menu

Canadian Mail strike...

Started by Tiger, June 17, 2011, 05:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

>:( As some of you may be aware, here in Canada, we have a rotating mail strike ::) Those that are awaiting parts from Canada will get them.......Eventually!!!

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Hmmmm.  Must be why I havn't gotten my parts from Raj yet.   :'(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

Likely....but the last time i checked they had cleared customs in US... so not sure
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

YellowJacket!

When did they clear?

Maybe they will arrive tomorrow.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

The Prophet of Doom

That will explain why I haven't got my parts from Spectre yet

vadasz1

roro:  Specter is in the USA not Canada.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

spectre

Quote from: roro on June 18, 2011, 03:58:55 AM
That will explain why I haven't got my parts from Spectre yet
???  ???
I don't know why you haven't recived them yet, I'm sorry for that, I sent them a while ago. They'd better get there soon... :(
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

See, that's all it takes... wondering where the mail is makes it show up by the next day, sooner if your angry.  works every time..    :D :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

George R. Young

Have 3 things on order for the EX250, from fan switch from US, gaiters from UK and LED rear lights from China. Complete postal service lockout now. Who knows when the stuff will arrive.

Tiger

Hooya...The mail strike is over as of midnight tonight...so, those awaiting parts delivery from me, I can mail out your packages tomorrow for you.

Thank you for your patience 8).

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

The Prophet of Doom

Is it just me or do other people think that govt legislation making it illegal for people to strike is no different from slavery?

It will be nice to get my bits though

Brian Moffet

Quote from: roro on June 27, 2011, 05:04:11 PM
Is it just me or do other people think that govt legislation making it illegal for people to strike is no different from slavery?

Hey, Rand Paul thinks that universal health-care is not different than slavery for Doctors.... 

"With regard to the idea of whether you have a right to health care, you have realize what that implies," the senator said. "It's not an abstraction. I'm a physician. That means you have a right to come to my house and conscript me."
    "It means you believe in slavery," Paul added. "It means that you're going to enslave not only me, but the janitor at my hospital, the person who cleans my office, the assistants who work in my office, the nurses."

I guess that's being consistent...

Brian

fret not

Yeah, Brian.  Consistently extreme. :o :D >:( ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Raj1988

In a way yes, but this is Canada!, the only country in the world where the banking sector pushes for more reforms!! The greater good seems to triumph more often than not..

What the union as doing holding rotating strikes was basically crippling canadapost financially (a govt entity, thus taxpayers money ). the lockout was their only recourse to stop this hemorrhage..

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Mid Life Crisis

Well.......  Slavery?

These guys make between 25 and 30 dollars an hour which is far above the minimum wage of between 10 and 12 per hr.  Plus pension and benefits.  The economy is in a fragile recovery, people don't use snail mail like they used to so downsizing is a possibility.  But rather than do that... everyone keeps their jobs but new hires replacing attrition, will get a lower rate and less benefits.  Union wants MORE money.........hmmm i haven't seen a raise in 3 yrs and am happy to KEEP my job.  Slavery?.......not by any account.

"the opinions expressed are purely of a cinical Canadian who could quite possibly be drunk at the time of writing this" ::)

fret not

Well, it was worth the wait.  My package from Tiger just arrived today and I am pleased with the contents.  The plug wires look like they could be new original equipment, but the battery cables are nearly industrial!  Great stuff, and the stator wire connector block is impressive.  Parts of this quality inspire confidence in the electrical system.  Now, for the fuel delivery system  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks Tiger!
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

8) Much appreciated Fret...I'm happy to help were I can.

I know the products that I sell to you guys work...because my Vision is the 'Guinea pig'  ;)

As a side note, regarding the mail workers...some of the sorting staff are now DEMANDING overtime to get through the mountains of log jammed mail!!!!! They obviously had time to think about this while sunbathing for a month...grrrrrrrrr >:(