#19 is back...

Started by Tiger, July 08, 2011, 07:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) #19 is back...on the road ;)

Jarrick brought #19 up to my place after a winter/spring of sitting idle. The old girl had a very minor run in with a car last year...broken signal indicator and clutch lever!!! She was also sitting around with a blown stator, a starter full of oil, flat battery, etc, etc...

After several weeks of two steps forward and three back ::) I finally get her running, once again ;)

New stator installed with the new weather pack connectors, starter rebuilt, new left side cover gasket made/installed, fresh oil and oil filter installed, replaced the broken clutch lever and signal indicator, installed a new in-line gas filter, changed some of the vacuum lines, replaced the starter module, removed/cleaned the carbs as the front one was showing no sign of life, spark plugs removed/cleaned/re-gapped and reinstalled and a few other odds and sod's that slip the memory :o ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jarrick came last night to pick her up and take her back home...one happy guy... 8) However, five minutes after leaving here his girlfriend returns to say that he was at the side of the road...the front brake had seized on!!!!!

I got them back to mine and...long story short... with the aid of a recently rebuilt caliper and master cylinder she was up and running free again.

They made the 1 1/2 hour run home without any further problems and Jarrick is once again, a happy 'Rider of Vision'... 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

munkyfistfight

Great story!  :) I love reading these back-from-the-dead tales.

This is just testament to me of how dedicated you guys are to keeping these things on the road, and ultimately why I wanted to own one so bad.
After my dad had my first Vision junked, my only hope is that someone out there found it and will eventually show up here.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana