News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Taking the MSF!

Started by spectre, July 15, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectre

So, I got my 2nd paycheck from my new job at TacoBell  ::) ;D and I scheduled my MSF course for Monday and Tuesday from 7:30-5:00 and I'm really excited! if I pass, I'll get a certificate that I take to the DMV and it waives every test except the vision test, and I have REALLY good vision  :D (pun intended)  ;) once I pass the vision test, I'll receive my M endorsement! :D wish me luck!
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

fret not

Spec, you don't need luck, you need to do well.  I hope you do very well and luck has nothing to do with it.  Once out on the road you have to rely on your knowledge, skills, defensive driving habits, etc., and if luck falls your way so much the better, but please don't count on LUCK (count on Lucky,not luck).  I'm sure you will do well. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

pullshocks

The MSF classs is well organized and uses a lot of different teaching methods to allow for all different learning styles.  My only beef when I took it was the bike they gave me had a bad clutch.

spectre

well I finished the class yesterday, and I have 3 things to say.
1. you have to be an olympic gymnast to get on a dirt bike! xD
2. dirtbike seats are HARD and,
3. the heat index was 102. in the shade. I was surrounded by blacktop in a 10lb BLACK leather jacket, and helmet, I think I lost some weight :o
But in all seriousness, the class was GREAT, best $225.00 I have ever spent, hads down. I have become a stupedously better rider in those two days, before, I didn't know how to swerve, emergency brake, emergency brake in a curve, and I have gained so many skills, and a lot more trust in the bike. I passed the written test with a 100% and I had the highest score on the skilles test in my class, nearly a perfect score, but I decelerated in the turn (In my defence, I had that DIRTBIKE leaned over so far that I was scraping the peg, so I HAD to slow down a little :p) and I flew through the cone weave perfectly at 20MPH xD I have all my certificates and everything, and now I just have to go to the DMV and show it to them, all I'll receive my "M" licence!!!! then, all I need is to title my vision, get tires, brakes insurance, and I'm good to go!! after I got home, I felt guilty so I sat on her, and going from a dirt bike, the vision with 82' bars feels like a sports bike! :D I'm soo happy I took that class, and I feel confident that if need be, what I learned there WILL save my life one day.  :)

Re-Vision

Spectre, I hope your misspelled word was stupendously rather than stupidously.  LOL

Quote from: spectre on July 20, 2011, 09:12:21 AM
I have become a stupedously better rider in those two days,   :)

Congratulations and don't become overly confident when riding.     BDC

spectre

DOH! >.< oops. lol, yes, that's the word I was going for  :D
Thanks Re-vision, I'll be making a consious effort to take things easy for a while. ;)

Now, if dad would just let me borrow his bike...  ;) :D ;D

Tiger

:) Congratulations young Jedi... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

spectre