News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Vision Project

Started by Re-Vision, July 19, 2011, 01:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Lately I've been giving some thought to a project that could be beneficial to ROV and Vision's in general. Basically, how to further interest in this web site as well as to stimulate interest in a great bike, the Yamaha Vision. I've had a setback in my health this past year and just simply not accomplishing the things I had hoped to get done. My idea is to create a beautiful bike with the help of ROV'ers and then make it available to all active members through a drawing or some other fair method. What would be needed is for someone capable of assembling a Vision and making it roadworthy. I know that several Visionaries come to mind but this would have to be on a volunteer basis. What else that would be of a voluntary nature would be the sending in of parts to create the best looking bike possible with the finest parts available. I was thinking that assigning dollar values for each part donated could translate to perhaps one raffle ticket for ever ten dollars in parts or labor donated to the project which should encourage members to bring the project to fruition. Whomever assembles the bike could put a fair labor estimate on his time and receive more chances to win.  I'm sure I haven't thought of all the potential problems that might be associated with a project like this but every plan has to have a first step. Because I have a bike and lots of spare parts I can donate 83 upgrade parts toward the project. I sincerely hope this idea doesn't die due to lack of interest. I welcome volunteers and/or suggestions on this project.     BDC

Hartless

sounds fun to me , i have a few small things i can donate.....
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

The Prophet of Doom

A perfect vision is a great idea.  It should have a 30th Anniversary edition decal made for it. - I wonder if Yamaha would chip in with some parts

As I'm in New Zealand I'm not much help with labour, but can supply a few bits and pieces.  A rule could be that the parts are to be in As New condition, otherwise the poor bugger assembling it is stuck with a ton of work

About $NZ600 to freight a bike from USA to NZ which would be well worth it

akvision

What about a "good cause". 8)  like????
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska