News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

heading for Fort Robinson Thursday

Started by don_vanecek, July 26, 2011, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

Well gang, me and the son in law (he's on a 900 Kaw Vulcan) are leaving my place Thurday morning and heading across Nebraska up to the northwest cornor for Fort Robinson State park-it will be about 430 miles or so, then we plan to find Chimney Rock and swim in Big Mac, spend a night in a cheap motel, then Saturday I want to go to Bailey Yard in North Platte, then get to Kearney that night for a free night with some in laws and then home on Sunday.

I will most likely post a story in a month or so, see what I can create.

Later! 

pullshocks

don_vanecek

Well, a successfull trip, about 1000-1100 miles (I didn't keep precise records) no real problems.

Here is proof I make it to Chimney Rock national momument, second picture is myself and my son in law and his Kaw 900 Vulcan. and what we call "Big Mac".  (next section)

Better story later!

don_vanecek

fret not

Your bike looks really good.  Now, about the 'better' story . . . .  ??? ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

don_vanecek

I have to get my creative juices flowing, here's another picture however

h2olawyer

Hi Don (and everyone else) -

I spent the weekend of October 1 ~ 2 at Agate Fossil Beds National Monument doing some astronomy.  Really dark out there.  Not even a light dome from Scottsbluff!  Could walk around by the light of the Milky Way.

Ended up doing the public outreach program for the Panhandle Astronomy Club on Saturday night.  Amazingly, we had over 30 people show up out there - 25 miles from the nearest town (Harrison).  Most were from Scottsbluff,  about an hour's drive.

Lots of miles of nothing but miles out there.  That's about 40 miles from Ft. Robinson.  Two glorious nights - once the wind died down after midnight.  Fun weekend!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.