News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Ride up to Little Cottonwood Canyon on my RJ

Started by VFan, July 27, 2011, 11:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VFan

In acknowledgement of the heat wave that much of the states has been through, I thought I would share my ride up Little Cottonwood Canyon the first week in June. There was so much snow still in the mountains in June that the Snowbird ski resort stayed open until 4th of July.

If you look closely at the left side of the lodge roof, you can see the rooftop swimming pool. The day I went up, there were people swimming and sunning next to the pool at the same time there were bundled up skiers flying down the mountain behind it. A little surreal.

I think the skiers are too small to see in this picture

Another shot at the pool on top of the lodge

Even though the base of Alta is higher up the canyon than Snowbird they closed in May this year. Alta doesn't have as high of peaks as Snowbird, and there aren't enough people interested in skiing during the late spring/early summer months to support both resorts

back down the canyon

Interestingly enough, Utah continues to experience the coolest summer in my lifetime. The snow has been so deep in the High Uintas, they were opened just last week. Amazing indeed

While I do ride with a club in UT (I'm the only Vision), often I prefer to just spontaneously headout somewhere on my own.

Thanks for reading,
VFan

pullshocks

Sounds like a fun  and scenic ride.  And speaking of scenic, there really is something special about the red Visions....