News:

Main Menu

carb hose connections

Started by nonook, August 18, 2011, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonook

I've forgotten, lost, erased all my references showing me how to hook my carbs back up.  Does the small hose on front carb upper right side connect with air box flapper hose?  Does left nipple on front carb intake connect to rear of fuel petcock?  I have two rubber coated rings in my choke cable brace, the lower one is for the fuel line to connect with the fuel pump inlet?  The black 't' connecting the two upper black hoses is supposed to be routed where and to what? 
    I'll try to post a pic, but it might not attach.  Thanks in advance, Nonook.

Re-Vision

nonook

Photo's were incredible, solved two hose locations, unfortunately, I must have updated carbs, he has no hose off right side front carb, which must run to airbox flapper, and the 't'd hose from pump to carbs has another 't'd hose just over it that I am clueless about.  I'll keep digging.  Thanks so much!

Extent

Port in the top of the right front carb is for the flapper.  The only other hose that's possibly tee'd is the overflow tubes if one of your plastic fittings is snapped off on the left side of the carb.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

YellowJacket!

there should be a port on the front of the carb that goes to a small gray and black disk filter.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:-\ I suspect that you have '83 carbs...correct?? A picture or two would help nonook...

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

You are right about it being an 83 carb Tiger,

Quote from: nonook on August 20, 2011, 11:03:42 AM
and the 't'd hose from pump to carbs has another 't'd hose just over it that I am clueless about.

83 carbs have a T connection between the top overflow hoses that runs from the T to the petcock's upper most connection just above the vacuum tube connection. Extent's and Yellowjacket's comments are also correct in regard to 83 hose connections.   BDC

nonook

Revision's petcock pic was great.  Long talk with carb rebuilder today.  I have 83' carbs AND a 82' petcock.  He can't figure out where the return line was attached. Not only was the return line 't'd, but 't' again where it should have attached to an 83' petcock, so it required 2 attachments. I'll try to include my one surviving pic shortly after it was removed.  There's a really simple answer to this somewhere.  Nonook 
I can't even figure out how to attach a picture.  Damn!

QBS

One way to run '83 carbs and an '82 petcock is to put a short plugged line on the carb return spiggot, and basically operate the '83 carbs as if they were '82s.

Tiger

:-\ Are you running an '82 with '83 carbs or an '83 with an '82 gas tank... ???

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

nonook

Chris Falks old Vision, and 82' with upgrades, 83 carbs, airbox, 2 front discs, etc. Trying to add a pic again.....