News:

Main Menu

Vision for a day

Started by munkyfistfight, October 28, 2011, 01:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

My car ('06 Saturn Vue) has been in the shop this week, so on Wednesday I had to resort to riding the Vision to work....a 270 mile round trip! Am I complaining? Hell no. Even with the monsoon we had on Wednesday I'm not complaining.

I left Pittsburgh around 7:00am and met some outbound Pittsburgh traffic (frustrating to say the least). I-79 South traffic was marginal around the Bridgeville exit, but once I was on I-70 towards Wheeling, I got to really enjoy the pelting rain and frigid temps, filled up gas when I got into West Virginia, and the home stretch to St. Clairsville, Ohio wasn't too bad.
The hotel we have our weekly meeting at served as a great stop to change my clothes, readjust my bungeed briefcase, and wait out the remainder of the monsoon.

Around noon I hit the road again and headed to the Monroe County courthouse where I had lunch and let the roads dry up a little bit.
Having done my work for the day, I decided to head up to Seneca lake on the back roads. To be honest, I never expected to see the spirit of this bike come alive so big as it did when we hit the back roads. She loves the twisties and mountain passes. Agility is the word I would use to describe the Vision! She answered every twist and turn in that road without hesitation!

If I could only ride the Vision for one day, it would've been that day. After the weather cleared up you couldn't have asked for a better day. Fall is in it's prime out there, the temperatures were bearable, and the roads were perfect.

It looks like it's going to be rainy and/or snowy from here on out so I may be putting the Vision away for the winter. The Blue V will slumber once more until Spring where she will tear up the roads once more.

Oh yeah, I crossed 10,000 original miles on this trip! Woo!!!
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

munkyfistfight

Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

munkyfistfight

munkyfistfight

mdskinner731

congrats on the great expirence you (and your vision) had!!
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Tiger

:) Way to go...a great bonding exercise 8)

Bet you wished that you had kept the full fairing on tho' ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

munkyfistfight

Yeah lol. The thought crossed my mind when I hit 80mph :-D I could've really used those hot air vents.