Whoo hoo! Birthday score! :)

Started by Lucky, November 10, 2011, 11:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

Excellent!  Congratulations.  Will it totally immerse a carb body?

fret not

Hey, Spec, great move! ;) :o ;D

Oh, yeah!  Happy B'day Lucky! :-[ ;) :D
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Lucky

Quote from: QBS on November 10, 2011, 11:32:42 PM
Excellent!  Congratulations.  Will it totally immerse a carb body?
Probably not an assembled carb, but they have to come apart anyway.  plus i do small engine repair on the side so i'll have all those carbs to do as well...

Tiger

8) ....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU .......  8)

Please send all your carbs to Lucky's Carb Cleaning Company 8) Call him at 1 800 carbclean lol
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

spectre

Haha Wwwwweeeelllllll, I don't get paid till tuesday... but then things should get rolling! Wish I had had it for yesterday, but better late than never  ;)
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

NewVisionGuy

They work like magic.  I have one that I got from my dental clinic when they wanted to throw it out. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lucky! 

Extent

Awesome, that's exactly the one I have (tho under different branding)  works great.  The carb bottoms won't completely fit under the waterline but you just need to do one side and then flip them.  I did them with 4 cycles, 1/4 turn so that every possible passage gets at least 2 good cycles.  My carbs have never been cleaner :D
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

VFan

This is one of those timeless gifts that will be well used for years. Not only getting carburetors professional cleaned, but later on in life it'll be good for cleaning dentures too.   ;D

67GTO

So, do you use just water or some kind of soap?

Is it ok to use carb cleaner in them? and if so, do you leave out the plastic basket?

Dan
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Rikugun

I used Yamaha carb dip in the one I borrowed and it worked well. I don't see why you couldn't use whatever carb solvent you'd normally use. Mine didn't have a basket but I'd think that's for small parts and would just take up valuable space with the carb bodies in there.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Tiger

Quote from: 67GTO on November 16, 2011, 11:31:48 PM
So, do you use just water or some kind of soap?

Is it OK to use carb cleaner in them? and if so, do you leave out the plastic basket?

Dan

Good old fashioned 'PINESOL' :o Not lemon, not the other brands, just your original, regular, 'PINESOL' apparently does the trick... ;)

8) http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560117

8) ........ TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

I understand certain solvents will turn aluminum black, so i'll experiment a bit.  several people have used carb dip in one form or another.  lots use soap & water, but i think it needs to be at least a degreaser, becuse if the soap is mild your going to end up with sludge in the passages...

Hartless

you know...... when i first looked at this picture before reading any captions or comments, i thought to myself, "really???? he got 'em a bread maker?" those were really my thoughts....hahahahaha :D :P :laugh: :angel:
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Lucky

yeah! i knew it looked familar, lol!

Rikugun

Hurry, get them while they last!!   It slices! It dices! It cleans carbs! It bakes bread - the all new Carb-O-Matic from RONCO  :D  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Cdnlouie

Have fun with your new toy birthday boy! Great gift-giving idea!  ;)