News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

VMCRP

Started by munkyfistfight, December 24, 2011, 11:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

http://www.facebook.com/groups/263343600392002/

Myself and a couple other guys just started a group on Facebook called Vintage Motorcycles and Cafe Racers of Pittsburgh. It's open to anyone, really. So far it's my 82' Vision and 2 mid-to-late-70's Honda CB's. We're interested in including anyone that likes to work on motorcycles, likes "junkyard specials" and likes to ride anytime, anywhere.

I rode with my buddy Chris yesterday. He has a 75' CB 550. We rode in 35 degree weather for the sake of riding, swapped details about our bikes over coffee, and planned for warmer weather. I took my Vision out on some back roads and hit over 80mph on the highway before putting it away for the winter.

The more the merrier. If you're in the PA, WV, OH, VA, MD, NY area and want to meet up, we'd like to get some older-bike rides up for next year.

As a side note: We're also collectively compiling a folder of Google Earth .KML files of our favorite roads to ride. It might be a good resource for fellow riders to share some good roads to ride.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana