News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Started by iain, January 21, 2012, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Quoteguess I misread your comments on the triple forum

I didn't misread it, I was giving you an out. Go to the thread "Yamaha Vision not a triple but still looks cool" on 12/25/11 and refresh your memory.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

QBS

roro, what is a "religious twat"?

Brian Moffet

Quote from: roro on January 26, 2012, 03:19:29 AM
As for work-safe avatars, there is little more offensive to me than employees stealing from their employers by reading RoV when they should be working.  Is employee theft not part of this so called morality or decency that makes some of you gasp in horror when you see a perfectly formed chest.

It's not theft if I do it on my time (i.e. breaks and lunches). That's part of my agreement with my workplace (since I sit a computer pretty much all day programming).

Brian

Extent

Quote from: roro on January 26, 2012, 03:19:29 AMAs for work-safe avatars, there is little more offensive to me than employees stealing from their employers by reading RoV when they should be working.  Is employee theft not part of this so called morality or decency that makes some of you gasp in horror when you see a perfectly formed chest.

I am an employee not a slave.  I conduct myself with the utmost professionalism, I always meet my deadlines and go above and beyond to ensure that my work is impeccable.  How I manage and spend my break time is entirely between me and my employer.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

artbone

On the subject of avatars, I tried to add one to my profile and all I got was a box with a red X in it. Could someone tell me what I did wrong? I think it might be that the file is too large but I don't know how to go about reducing the size.

Thanks
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Rikugun

That could be it although I don't know what the size limitation is. I use an ancient version of Photo Studio that will resize but I think most photo editors will do the same. I think even "Paint" (on windows based computers) will work.

Are you uploading from your PC or using a linked pic from Photobucket or the like? When I upload to Photobucket, pictures are automatically reduced in size somewhat.

Mine is linked from Photobucket and is 640x480 and 73 kb if that helps.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Rikugun on January 26, 2012, 12:38:05 PM

I link mine from flickr.  Going with an outside link seems to be the best bet, and the most secure for the admin.  (Yes, I have seen sites that have had phishing pages put into the uploaded image directories. That was back when I was doing computer and network security.)

Brian

Lucky

i did, that's why it's in quotes.. ;)

Quote from: Rikugun on January 26, 2012, 09:25:03 AM
Quoteguess I misread your comments on the triple forum

I didn't misread it, I was giving you an out. Go to the thread "Yamaha Vision not a triple but still looks cool" on 12/25/11 and refresh your memory.  :)

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

artbone

Quote from: Brian Moffet on January 26, 2012, 12:45:19 PM
Quote from: Rikugun on January 26, 2012, 12:38:05 PM

I link mine from flickr.  Going with an outside link seems to be the best bet, and the most secure for the admin.  (Yes, I have seen sites that have had phishing pages put into the uploaded image directories. That was back when I was doing computer and network security.)

Brian

Mine are in Picasa. I went to the picture, left clicked on it, clicked on "properties," then copied the address listed. Then I went to ROV profiles, clicked on "Have my own picture" and pasted the address in, then clicked "save" or "change profile." Then, when I look at the address box, the address has disappeared.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eRvE7lDmV9I/TyHCSE6PzAI/AAAAAAAAGDk/XH3H40uIbpc/s128/IMG_2494.JPG
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

As you can see from the link, the picture comes up if you click on it. For some reason it's deleted every time I try to paste it in the box.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Rikugun

Quotei did, that's why it's in quotes..

Are you certain you don't want to rethink this? I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation that doesn't include trying to throw me under the bus, right buddy?

Lucky

the reasonalble explanation is that i didn't read down further! lol

yup, I guess I BS'ed a little..   ;D ;D ;D  8) 8)

I hereby retract that and as penatence I will insult a Harley....
:D :D

Brian Moffet

Quote from: artbone on January 26, 2012, 04:27:51 PM
Mine are in Picasa. I went to the picture, left clicked on it, clicked on "properties," then copied the address listed. Then I went to ROV profiles, clicked on "Have my own picture" and pasted the address in, then clicked "save" or "change profile." Then, when I look at the address box, the address has disappeared.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eRvE7lDmV9I/TyHCSE6PzAI/AAAAAAAAGDk/XH3H40uIbpc/s128/IMG_2494.JPG

Either the link is too long for the database, or something along those lines is what I am thinking.

Brian

Extent

Get rid of the s in "https://" and it will work fine
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Rikugun

Quoteyup, I guess I BS'ed a little..

Apology accepted although I'm not sure how slamming another bike brand qualifies as "penatence".  :-\

Lucky

it doesn't, but it makes me feel better, lol

artbone

Quote from: Extent on January 27, 2012, 04:48:03 AM
Get rid of the s in "https://" and it will work fine
You're right. It worked like a charm.
Thanks
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Re-Vision

Who removed the avatars?

1. A computer glitch should have been a temporary thing and they would have been reloaded by now.
2. Can't be the moderator because we don't have any.
3. Some religious twat had itthem removed and he may be keeping them off because he's, well, a religious twat.
4. Some unknown factor I'm not aware of.
5. Regardless of how they were removed, only admin or the two owners could be keeping them off.

Roro, Iain, I would like to know if you can re-post your avatars? If not then I would think you guys have rethought your avatars or there is a new policy here that's not been spelled out for us. An inquiring mind wants to know. Don't take this as a threat but if we have to send troops to your island to find those missing girls, you may never see them again.    BDC

iain

Re-vision
If I put my Avatar back up  now I would surely burn in hell
Iain
NZ

Brian Moffet

Quote from: iain on January 28, 2012, 12:07:38 AM
If I put my Avatar back up  now I would surely burn in hell

I doubt it, as far as I can tell, some people (including me) would be annoyed, but I don't have any reason to believe anyone would want to cause you harm.