News:

Main Menu

My first ride

Started by spectre, January 29, 2012, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectre

So, Sunday afternoon, me and dad were out working on the bikes, I had just bought insurance, gotten registered and got my tags. After the last few things were finished up on my vision, (including a new battery whoo!) I got on my bike, and went for my first ride!
All I could say was, " yahooooh my gosh it's cold" haha
  It turned out that I couldn't shift into 2nd because the adjustment on my shift lever was in correct but I adjusted it, and after that, I rode all day.i have to say, showing up to school on your vision with MAC pipes is one of the best feelings in the world. :D
But why didn't I post this sooner you ask?
Well, I was out riding :D
-spectre
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Rikugun

Congrats!  :) I'll bet that first ride felt pretty nice despite the cold. Spring isn't that far off then you can really enjoy it.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

QBS

Please ride safe and remember you are invisable to cars, and that careful, thoughtful traction mangement is the name of the game.

Lucky

Other than school & back (side roads) , that's almost all we are allowing him for now. other than our ride...  He wants to take the bike to work thru the busiest roads in the area, often @ rush hour..  Spectre's kind of miffed at me for not letting him...yet. I want to make that ride with him a few times first.

Our ride was fun, we explored local neighborhoods where i've never been.  I led mostly & took it easy. (I was told later "Dad, you could have gone faster...") :D  We scared some cows too (Macs will do that, lol)

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

Lucky try observing from the rear.  You'll see riding decisions/characteristics that can't be seen from the front.

Lucky

I will, it was his choice for the first ride.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

spectre

@rikugun it sure did! :D I can't wait for summer lol.
@QBS I'll be safe, and keep that in mind, thanks :)
And dad... You could have gone a little faster xD hahaha, jk
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress