News:

Main Menu

Gettin' old ain't for sissies!

Started by Rick G, February 03, 2012, 03:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

MY doctor has forbidden me to ride motorcycles, until I am well healed up from my surgery. around 8 to 10 weeks.
This may come under the heading of TMI, but here goes anyway.
I have developed a navel hernia as a result of my gall bladder surgery last spring, furthermore one of my diverticuli has developed an abcess or ulcer . I am in danger of peritonitus .. I'm on antibiotics and in two weeks will have a second  cat scan. If all is well, he will then operate and do a bowel resection to remove the damaged area. (just like on MASH)
I'm updating my will and try to get my '82 xt200 and  '67 YG1T running , but the Vision will probably have to wait .
I'm going to contact 2 or 3 visionaries to see if they will take custody of most of my parts, I need to clean out the shed anyway.
To those of you who pray , your prayers are requested. CDNLouie are you there?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Rikugun

How nervous should we be? Do the doctors have confidence in a positive outcome? I hope the will update is just a precautionary thing and doesn't need to be used any time soon. It sounds like your doctors have a plan of action so have faith in their skill. In the meanwhile I'll keep you in my thoughts and send some positive energy your way.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Lucky

No, not good news, but your ornery enough to kick thru this stuff. It pays to be a tough s.o.b..  you need anything, let me know.  I got layed off this Monday, but i'm not without resources, you just let me know.

Take care! --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Hey Rick my old friend, sorry to 'hear' of your decline in health, none of us, like our Vision's, are getting any younger eh!!!... but keep your chin up buddy. Thoughts & prayers from my house to you and yours.

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Night Vision

Hang in there Rick, your work here is not finished  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

fret not

Rick, are you able to get around OK or are you restricted in activity?  I hope you aren't too uncomfortable, and that you get healed up as soon as possible.

Rick G

Thank you for the concern and good wishes. For now I'm OK just not allowed to pick up anything heavy, or push a bike around. The concern is that, if I'm riding 50 miles from home and the ulcer opens up , I might not make it to a hospital in time.
The prognosis  is very good. The surgeon is trying to avoid my needing a colostomy  bag while I heal.
My hope is that I'm healed up and ready to ride when my daughter and her family come to visit in May. 
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Ron_McCoy

Best wishes and good luck to you Rick. I look forward to riding with you again.
Ron

supervision

I feel your pain, both DWIGHT, AND I, had go under the knife, on 2/13/12, he had to have a kidney removed, an i went to have my right knee cap screwed together,due to smashing it on concreet. My wrist also broke, but it was barely nothing. DWIGHTs recovering for a few weeks, and i will prolly be eight.
" border="0

supervision

Visonmeister came to town, to see me and dwight, it was good to see him and he showed us where he Janell are on vacation in switz and italy, my wife showed the places her trip had covered.  at least i dont have miss work, cause i retired recently! 
" border="0

supervision

I slipped on the patio, barb and i were just going walking before the supperbowl.
" border="0

VisionMeister

SuperV... I think you should lighten up on the pain meds late at night. ;D

fret not

Rick, how are you doing?  Hope you are getting around and feeling better.

Rick G

Haven't had the operation yet , waiting for the doctors office to call with the date and time. I had some A/C jobs to do , so we postponed it until they were done. Thanks for asking !!
Rick G