News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

running lights or brake lights?

Started by Lucky, February 11, 2012, 08:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you had dual fillement sockets in the turn signals, would you use the extra filiment for tstop lights or running lights?

additional stop lighting
3 (50%)
additional running light
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Lucky

my Special is missing it's turn signals. i'm going to use a spare pair of Vision ones on the headlight, but i have none for the rear. I do however have a set of trailer lights I was going to use on my small trailer. square & bulky, but they will do untill i have money to put the appropriate ones on.  the install will be non invasive & reversable.

my question is what would you use the extra filiment for?  Automakers normaly put a 3rd brakelight on, extra visibility for braking is a good thing, but extra visibility all the time is a good thing as well.

the self canceling turn signals are the same system as on our bikes.
the charging system on the Special is not plagued by the burn out problems we experience...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rikugun

I say forget the trailer lights and commandeer more Vision lights from the other two bikes.  :o

Plus when Kitty starts riding the 850 it would be un-cool to ride around with trailer lights on her bike...  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rick G

My saddle bags are wired for additional tail lights and brake lights / turn signals.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike