Fuel to front carb

Started by GAJim, October 26, 2003, 05:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAJim

Darn thing just didn't want to start. finally pulled the take and took the air filter off.  she wasn't getting any fuel  took fuel pump off took apart put back together.  now gets fuel to rear cylinder only.  Had a new fuel pump diaphram  ( from snowmobile) in garage so used it  seems to get a little fuel to front but rear works great.  My question is should the spray be the same for the fornt and rear?  doesn't seem to be fuel pump that I can tell what else do I need to check???

Jim

Rick G

Are you refering to the fuel pump or the accelerator pump on the rear carb? If its the accelerator  pump that you installed a new diaphram  in, then the nozzel in the front carb OR the ball check are plugged up, you will have to remove the carbs and disassembel them the get at the ball check. You might be able to run a very small piece of wire in the nozzle to clear it. You can ge very small brass or steel wire  at a hobby shop . Its used in model air planes and trains.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

easier to find than hobby shop wire is picture wire.  I'm talking about the stuff you use to hang pictures.  use a single strand to clean out the nozzle if needed, it's stiff enough to do the job
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black