News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

what a bitch

Started by VisionMeister, March 13, 2012, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

Later Astros have a plastic intake manifold that is troublesome. Early ones did get better mileage.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

Just a little, "positive progress report", on my Wife's, 2003 Crown Victoria;  the A/C system, is one of those extra automated ones, it has only been blowing out the defrost vents, and is very hard to keep the car cool with only cold air going to the windshield. I googled the problem, and fixed it by putting $2.00 worth of tiny O rings in the brain box!!  That's right, I could hardly believe it!!! There are 4 little solenoids in there that have an o ring on their shafts, these, get hard, and don't seal enough, to make the valve work.  Ford, only sells the box, @ $580.00. 
" border="0

Rikugun

QuoteFord, only sells the box, @ $580.00
Hey, it's always nice to have some extras laying around....a few hundred extras.... :D  ;D

Nice job on the fix. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with our future overlords but the search engine whose name I refuse to utter can be a wonderfull thing.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan