News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

PANDORA IS COOL TO MAX

Started by supervision, March 23, 2012, 11:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

When the Ipad first came out, my Son & Daughter said wouldnt it be a cool to get one, and have it all set up, so that as soon as she takes it out of box, it is full of her pictures, of the dogs, yard ect.  It totally blew her mind!!  What a great idea.  Now me being barely able to turn on my own computer, I never realised that having it to use would come in so handy, while Im laid up.   Pandora is so nice, right now, Im listening to an old band Savoy Brown, Yesterday I typed in The Kinks, Before that Duane Allman.  You just sit back and the thing goes on forever, playing things that you probably wouldnt mind hearing. You can send it wireless to your house sound system, very entertaining!
" border="0

supervision

I failed to mention,it was for my Wifes Birthday, and everyone in the famly chiped in on the gift. what a fun party that was!!
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Mmmmmmm, Savoy Brown, Kim Simmonds and Co.  One of my favorites since the early 70s. I've seen them twice live.  Haven't heard anyone mention them in years.

supervision

For a few years, we would attend the Sornora, Blues festival.  The day would have out door band, on the main stage, as well as two other buildings, with what they called workshops, where the guys from different bands that were attending, would jam in front of smaller crowds, taking questions, like how to play slide.  Kim Simmonds, and another guy from Austrailia, Dave Hole, gave a duet, slide workshop.  For about the first five minutes, it seamed like they were lost, then it all took off, they started jamming, then talking, explaining, jam some more. 
" border="0

Jimustanguitar

Pandora is great, I use it constantly. I traded WiFi passwords with the neighbor, so his internet kicks in right as my mower approaches the edge of the yard. No interruptions in service for me.

If you have the ipad2 (not sure if yours has a camera or not) check out an app called photosynth. It's icon looks like a green leaf, it's a really cool way to take panoramic pictures. Here's one that I created with the app:

http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=6b388cbb-1e83-41cb-9dc1-4ecca4d32eb8&m=false&i=0:0:0&c=0:0:0&z=531.364772509421&d=-1.349193394604:1.29779202103274:1.1007233956647&p=0:0&t=False

We installed some 102" TV's in the executive board room and had to show them off :)