'The Dragon' in May..Now with pictures!!!

Started by Tiger, March 26, 2012, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

The pics are great of everyone! What a great idea to capture the moment! I not looking forward to the "something annoying" part. The "stick in the wheel" thing is always a joy stealer.  Things like local tickets to help pay for asphalt, even though we appreciate the flat surface for riding  ::).

Lucky

A few more pics from this weekend. (how do you do the clickable thumbnails instead of the full size shots?)

And yes, the shirt is still there. 
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

The Prophet of Doom

The clickable Thumbnails are from pics uploaded to RoV - a cool feature I only just noticed
Post your reply and click additional Options, then choose file.  Note the max size

Tiger

Monday: 5 a.m. soon came around :o ::) sort of makes you wish you had gone home yesterday to some degree :P.

Anyway, up, showered, coffee, time to say our farewells and jump in the Chev' for the 1,300 Km (812 miles) journey North. We had hitched up the trailer and loaded the Vision's last night...so as not to disturb the neighbours. Given that the driveway has an upward lay and a hump as you exit on to the street, I took my time going over it and swinging left...HOWEVER...one of the ratchet straps holding 'The Mistress' broke loose, (as the trailer twisted slightly??), and she took a tumble, going down on her left side AHHHHH F**K...or similar words uttered!!!
She didn't do a full swan dive from the trailer, saved by the trailer fender somewhat...but enough to give her some battle scars that 3 days, 1,400 Klm (875 miles) of riding the Dragon/Cherohala/DiamondBack and the Blue Ridge Parkway couldn't!!!!!
The left side lower fairing bracket buckled in and the lower now sports a 3" split down low and forward and a couple of small gouges in the paint work further up...but the gas tank is fine :P The diamond shaped plastic covering the top of the battery lost a chunk and the plastic under the seat has a 2 1/2" fracture...a real pain in the ass to colour match but all repairable/replaceable. I think we may, after all, have woke up some of the neighbours... just maybe ::)

After all the 'excitement'  ::)... and 'The Mistress' once again upright and safely strapped down, we headed for home...only 1,300 Klm, 812 miles, 14 hours to go!!! Time enough to reflect on an almost perfectly superb elongated fun weekend, work on Tuesday...and yes, some repair work to The Mistress.

Bye-Bye NC, SC & TN... maybe, just maybe, we'll see y'all next year...ya just never know who could be knocking on YOUR door during the riding season folks  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D...;)

If you have not experienced The Dragon, DiamondBack, Devils Triangle, MoonShiner, Six Gap, Cherohala Skyway or the Blue Ridge Parkway be sure to add at least some of them to YOUR BUCKET list...you will thank me ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Cdnlouie

Lets' face it... the Mistress does not like trailers  :o!  There's a hidden message in there...somewhere?

It's kind of like my own recent experience just before leaving for NC (just ahead of you guys).  Three days before leaving, the waterpump goes on my LeBaron GTC (a 12 hour engine tear down if you are familiar with the 3.0 Mitsubishi engine).  You know you gotta like the fact that it didn't happen on the road. Some times bad things have good timing  ???. At least you had really good timing on that one Tiger!  Better than flying off on the interstate!

Annoying...fits the bill!  Overall...fantastic trip!

YellowJacket!

Tiger, the Mistress is trying to tell you something.....

;)  Trailers are for Harleys!!  ;)
David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

That she didn't want to leave? :) :) :D :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black