News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Fuel Injection & Turbo installed...

Started by AdvRich, April 01, 2012, 11:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdvRich

Well, I finally got the fuel injection and turbo installed on the Vee and man this little bike is smoking. The 650 dislplacement is brilliant as well... with some extra grunt down low and then the turbo Woooosh coming in around 5k and rocketing this baby. I'm so glad I had Frame Crafters work up the custom chome moly frame to handle all the extra power and :o the Ohlins forks and shock set up is unbelievable. I think to celebrate the FI succes, I'll take the carbs aprart and turn all the bits into hanging Christmas ornaments.

The only bummer now is that I cooked the stator while trying to use the toaster oven in the RV cook out top box this morning after the run up. I was making up a little celebratory breakfast and the bike died and wouldn't start. I was really looking forward to those April Fools Frittters.  ;D

Re-Vision

I'm glad someone remembered it was April first, nice.      BDC

Raj1988

LOL... yo uhad me goin for the first few sentences!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Rick G

Nothing beats Lucky's announcement , several years ago, that he had bought an old Harley and was selling his Vision. his statement had a bunch of us gasping and choking!  ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

AdvRich

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Glad you enjoyed....

Lucky selling his Vision... now that is funny.

Rikugun

I was buying into the fuel injection and turbo ( ???) but then you went too far with the big bore kit and the cat was out of the bag... :P
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

AdvRich

;D Not too far fetched as there are 650's in ROV land... But yes, all good fantasies we've probably all had at one point along our tours of ownership. 

pullshocks

Great post.  I didn't catch on until I got to the Ohlins suspension.

artbone

Great Post! I've almost got my titanium frame completed but you beat me to the punch.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650