This weekend rides.

Started by don_vanecek, April 01, 2012, 10:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

Now you know, this should almost be an April fools joke, this would normally not happen on March 31st to April 1st! 

It has been 88-90 degrees here in eastern NE/Omaha area, normal high today should have barely made 60.  Well, I was able to take advantage of the weather, I put on about a hundred miles on the Vision Saturday going to the Strategic air and space museum. I meet my two brothers there, one of them was part of a visiting model airplane club and besides displays they flew indoor electric radio controlled planes, amazing what some of the people can do with those little planes, they of course are very lite, and when several of them were flying at the same time it looked a bunch of large butterflies in the air. I did of course also get the tour the museum.

Made a mistake on the way home, tried to put the full ten dollars in the gas tank as I was already at nine or so, mistake, lost gas out the cap for the next 5-10 miles, not good!

Sunday put on about 70 miles going to my VJMC meeting, really windy on the way down and close to 90 degrees, twice on the interstate it seemed that the V wanted to bog out on me, if I goosed it then it was OK, not sure what to think of it, I wonder if the gas is still refined for winter use and not summer, the ride home was wonderful, the wind died down, temperature about 82 down to 78 by the time I got home. My follow VJMC member from Blair was on his beautiful 1980? GS1000 Suzuki, we had one stop light on the edge of town where we could both goose it and NO, Visions do not out accelerate 1000 cc Suzuki's.  I had no running problems on the ride home except of course for loosing the race to the GS1000 and trying for a ticket by hitting 80 a few times, I guess something about the V or the gas just didn't like it when it was about 90 I guess. 

Well strange weather, all the trees are blooming, not normal! But I sure got in some riding.

supervision

Mild weather World wide!   This fiend of ous from Austria, poped into town, and he was saying be warm in Vienna, where he lives..  It's nice that you got to enjoy, allitle riding, my knee is still not motorbike approved, a few more weeks, hopefully.  Your right on the gas, run another tank, see how it goes.  they have lots raido controll guys in our town, coulple of good places to watch the action.
" border="0

vadasz1

D_V:  My tank will spew gas out the key hole if I fill the tank completely to the top of the neck.  It especially does it under hard braking or hard accelerating.  I an using an aftermarket gas cap from WEMOTO based in the UK.  Don't know if the caps come from Hong Kong or any other Asian country, but the second one they shipped me out of courtesy does the same thing.  I also have the filler neck drilled with two 1/8" holes because of what others said would prevent the 'V Volcano' from happening.  To solve the problem I just fill it to just below the filler neck.  I still get about 150 miles before I hit reserve.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Don, Good to see your getting some riding in after your spill.

We had two weeks of high 70f weather, 2 weeks ago...phew!!! It was great riding weather indeed...then we went back in to 'seasonal' temps, which, because of the two great weeks, made it feel colder than it was!!! Over all, here in the great white north, it hasn't been so white or cold this winter.

Super, hopefully you will be back in the saddle before to long buddy...

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rikugun

QuoteMy tank will spew gas out the key hole if I fill the tank completely to the top of the neck

That would be overfilling. Your cure is the recommended max fuel level.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

don_vanecek

Now Tiger, by "spill" I hope you just mean old man winter, and yes guys, I will not be lazy again and fill the tank up so high-it was a station in the "big" city where you have to prepay if your using "cash" and I was just being too lazy to go back in the store after I reached my normal spot in the tank where I usually stop, lazy me!   

Tiger

Quote from: don_vanecek on April 03, 2012, 12:11:56 AM
Now Tiger, by "spill" I hope you just mean old man winter

...as in, accident...but winter too ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!