News:

Main Menu

Lower fuel tube

Started by shoetbus, May 13, 2012, 08:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoetbus

Been awhile but its time in MN to get things going to ride. I have a problem with the carbs I have fuel coming out the lower side/tube of both carbs, I have put them in the ultra-sonic with no luck. I think it might be float or needle and seat any thoughts.
82 Vision
83 Maxim 400
78 BMW R100S
90 Honda XR250r

Rick G

As a former Minnesotan , I understand.  Really you need to pull the carbs and dip them . If your not comfortable with that , Send them to me . I rebuild Vision carbs.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

motoracer8

Make shure the floats float, ethenol in the gas can damage plastic floats.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Rikugun

Could be some debris in the needle seat assembly. I'm guessing you have a fuel filter but they don't stop everything. It could also be the O-ring the seals the seat assembly into the carb body. The needle/seat can work perfectly but if the O-ring is shrunk or cracked fuel will run into the bowl with impunity.  :o
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Lucky

also check that the drain screws are tight & the o-rings on them are good as well.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

shoetbus

Ok took the other set of carbs used the ultra-sonic set floats all is good with the fuel leak out the overflow. New problem now got them all synced up and I have a dead spot if I quick twist the throttle if I do a gradual no problems?
82 Vision
83 Maxim 400
78 BMW R100S
90 Honda XR250r