anouther bike in the stable , somethings got to give.!!

Started by Rick G, April 15, 2012, 02:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I just picked up a 1990 Suzuki DR 350, its going to need some work!  Now I'm going to HAVE to get busy and fix a couple of bikes to sell! The XT 200 and the 78, XL350 are likely candidates. I have the YG1 Yamaha nearly ready to run , but it will need tyres and some tlc to be rideable . No way I'm selling it , if I get too feeble to ride anything else, I'll ride 6 blocks to the mini mart on it .

If all go's as planned H20 will come out this summer or fall and pick up all my surplus Vision stuff , by then he will have a suitable barn, to store the mountains (pun intended) of Vision stuff he will have.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Cdnlouie

Rick, a man after my own heart! I had a YG1 back in high school and totally loved it. Definitely don't sell it. I'm envious! I used to get 72 mph (according to its speedo) out of the old girl by hugging the tank for dear life.

If I was closer I would take one of the dirt bikes off your hands.  That is my next bike if I can figure out a way to store it in my attic! No room in the inn these days!  I am dreaming of finding a few acres sometime in my future life for a decent barn/shop.

The DR350 sounds terrific.  I wouldn't mind finding one of those too.  Enough power to get down the road and get off the road.

Have fun buddy!

fret not

I wish I had more time and money, that XL 350 sounds enticing, but I need another bike like I need another hole in my head.  XL 350 is a really solid motor, can get a lot of reliable horsepower from them without too much expense (relatively).  Oh well.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!