Real bike for a real man......great ad read...

Started by vadasz1, May 26, 2012, 11:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Rikugun

That's very good! Almost has me convinced to buy it. I always did like those 650's too...... hmmmm  :laugh:

My favorite line is "She was designed by men who oiled their own slide rules"    I'm not sure if this is a euphemism for something else!?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Lucky

I thought real men rode Triples...  :D :D ;D ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I considered a XS 650 , but  a fellow retired mechanic convinced me that the Vision , being a generation newer, was superior . I have never regreted  the decision . The 650's are hell for strong, But will vibrate your teeth right out of your mouth! Handling is very good (for the era) and there tough , but you will have to get off and scratch your privates every so often.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Walt_M.

Looks like someone has addressed the main problem I had with the mid-70s version I had the misfortune to ride, the stock cast iron seat is gone.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

I like the look of the bumstop seat as well!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

don_vanecek

Seems like the one or two persons I knew who had one never came riding with me because they won't working anymore. They are considered quite the "classic bike" now and are quite in with the "Vintage japanese" bike crowd.   

treedragon

Bought one new in 73, sort of metallic blue it was, one of a batch that had been destined for Germany.
Went rather well, Triumphs didn't get a look in and I loved it. At idle it just sat there and throbbed ;D  ;D  ;D

I believe it was later turned into some sort of chopper  ::) and then ended up on the track.

I would be willing to punt one again, with modern tires and maybe just a few changes here and there of course..................

There is always a way

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Lucky on May 26, 2012, 07:02:21 PM
I thought real men rode Triples...  :D :D ;D ;D
Only girls ride triples
Real men ride V-Twins

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black