News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Cafe Vision - Haven't seen this one before

Started by The Prophet of Doom, May 26, 2012, 05:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Quote from: rocket39 on August 25, 2013, 03:56:50 AM
Hi, I have some info about new carburator, after some tests I have found this configuration as better for reliability and performance: Dell'Orto vhb 29 A D , minimum jet diameter 55 ; maximum jet diameter 130 ; 70 coke jet.

Impressive fabricating skills - well done. I'm also curious about the carb.

I'm not familiar with these carbs... is "coke" jet a misspelling of "choke" jet?  So 55 is for slow speed, 130 the main and 55 a starter jet? Is the 29 designation the venturi size? Do you think HP suffers slightly with only one smaller carb than stock?

In the YouTube video "yamaha xz550 cafe racer ...first time on the road 2" it came down to idle slowly then seemed prone to stalling. Revving it had the engine race again. Has this been resolved?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

rocket39

Well , when I have registered that video the configuration of carb was : vhb 30 A S (yes, 30 is the inner diameter of venturi in mm), with jet max 90 , jet min 40 ,starter jet 60 (choke jet)  so was not easy to keep the engine alive , I had to play with throttle and choke lever.... but I had mounted the first carburetor on the shelf only to find a reference.
With the current configuration the engine go round very well an it is  stable at low and high rpm , easy to start cold and warm.
In truth I can feel a good power and acceleration but don't know how much HP. I'd like do a drag race with an original vision ! 8)
Sorry for my bad English.. :)

Rikugun

Understood and thanks for the clarification. Again, nice job!  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan