News:

Main Menu

A trip arround the world.

Started by Rick G, June 01, 2012, 11:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I was fooling around with Google Earth and found that I could go to a specific house  and then drop down and look at the front of it.
First I stopped by 2004 Harold street in Stamford , Ontario , the house we lived in from 1952 to 1858. Then I hopped over to Montreal and visited the apartment building in Outremont, Quebec, that my Grand mother lived in , circa 1964 , when I last visited her.
Next I went to NDG  (Notre Dame de Gras) where my mother lived in the 1930's and 40's and went to my Aunt and Uncles apartment building , too.

I jumped over the pond and went to Macclesfield  Cheshire , UK . and looked around , Not knowing the street name or address my mom lived in, before the family immigrated to Canada.
A trip to Prague was in order to see where my wife's grandparents came from. Next  a side trip to Moscow , just for the heck of it.

Lastly, I went to Tigers street and had a look at the front of his home. Very nice!
Next , I will be going to visit H20 lawyer and Yellow Jackets  home . If any one cares to PM me their address , I'd love to stop by. Your address will be kept confidential. if anyone wants to see our humble abode , PM me and I'll send you my address.

Just went by Yellow jackets lovely home , as well as H2)'s home in CO. He has a LARGE garage , but he wants more!

Then I jumped across the Pacific , to New Zealand  and visited Roro's. Beautiful home surrounded by trees and even some palm trees. It was trash pickup day in Oct. 08 and the shiny , immaculate , red and yellow trash truck was making a pick up a few doors down the street. The Ocean is visible in the distance . Thanks for the address Roro!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Jimustanguitar

There are a lot of "Easter eggs" in google maps. You can get driving directions to China that include using a kayak, plus there are lots of bloopers that show car wrecks and even one where the google truck obviously has hit a deer. It's lots of fun.

Tiger

You should have knocked on the door with the cursor and come in for a beer or three my old friend :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

too bad we can't move parts that easily. yet...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rikugun

Isn't technology wonderfull!? It's made stalking as easy as clicking a mouse!  :D  :)  :(  :o
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

Yeah, its a lot of fun.  I've looked at some old places I've lived too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

Lucky, I can't find your town. a town with a similar name comes up!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black