News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

I saw an XJ650 recently

Started by munkyfistfight, June 04, 2012, 12:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I have a spare Vision fairing and have considered try to mount it on the VX . Maybe I;ll take another look at it,
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

AdvRich

Quote from: Rikugun on June 07, 2012, 07:51:10 AM
Quote from: AdvRich on June 06, 2012, 09:54:51 PM
were the only turbo of the period that used a pressurized carburetor set up. I have yet to open them up and wonder what the throttle shaft seals look like for that set up.    

As Treedragon pointed out, maybe the anemic boost they delivered could be handled with good quality conventional seals?

I think Treedragon is referring to the malfunctioning of the waste gate opening or spilling to early resulting in only about 3psi boost. I remember it being around 12 and dug up this old link in my bookmarks that lists it as 7psi for the stock '82 and 12psi for the '83 and Yammy kit upgraded '82's. http://pw1.netcom.com/~rvtucker/Seca.html
I bought the bike for other reasons, but upon getting it, see that it is in such good condition that it should be brought back to life and put in the hands of one who would really enjoy it and especially so since it is the rarer improved '83.

Rikugun

Thanks for the clarification Rich.  ;)  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan