News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Euro Blackie Is Alive and Well

Started by kwells, June 19, 2012, 02:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

After years of dragging Blackie around the country I outfitted her with new tank/side covers in Euro flavoring thus Euro Blackie.
Last weekend she took the checkered flag at the I-76 Speedway Hooligan class. It's a flat track and basically set up for cars but some us run street bikes on it just to be idiots. I put on a new set of Shinko Trail Master Dual Sports and they handled great.

The bikes in the race this time:
-XZ550
-HD Panhead
-KZ750
-CB360T
-2010 BMW 1100RT
-Ninja 250

Most of the bikes got lapped by the XZ 2-3 times in the 12 lap race. 2nd place was about 1/2 lap back.

Apparently the 2nd place guy usually wins with a decisive lead so he'll be gunning for me next time.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rikugun

That's awesome, thanks for posting!  :) How long is the track BTW    So what was the 2nd place guy riding?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

kwells

He had a CB360T. I believe the track is 3/8th mile.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

He's going to need a different bike!!! ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

don_vanecek

kwells

I think he is working on getting his KZ400 back together. He's apparently a great rider but the XZ is a bit much for the small bores.

www.wellsmoto.com

stuckinlodi

Ill admit to taking mine around the 1/4 mile and tt track here in lodi and Ill  tell ya  they handle unbelievably well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although mine always blubbers after the jump,  I think it messes with the floats>