Main Menu

Soon!

Started by Jimustanguitar, July 06, 2012, 08:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

I started the Vision last night for the first time since '09! She was running a little shaky and very rich, but what can you expect after a long storage, 2 carb rebuilds, and with a faulty battery?

Hopefully tonight I'll get everything running smooth and tuned in with the vacuum gauges, and I'll be at the license branch in the morning to get her registered again!

Wish me luck!

fret not

Good move!  We're all pullin' for ya. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Jimustanguitar

Slight delay... I got her started on thursday and friday after work, but didn't spend too much time tweaking things as it was over 100 degrees. I set aside all day saturday to get things tuned up perfectly and just couldn't get it to go.

The starter would click but not much else, and since I had a brand new battery turning it, I decided to quickly take apart the starter and hit the brushes and commutator with some brake-clean. It became apparent very quickly that I was lucky that it turned at all... We'll just say that I have a new brush-plate on the way along with the other "standard" rebuild parts. While I'm at it, I decided to dive into the starter clutch chore as well (I was originally going to let it go until next weekend because I was too excited to get riding again). Oh well, all in good time.

Ride 'em if you got 'em, but I'll be another week :)

fret not

Just think of all the enjoyment you are having from the anticipation!  Even if the world ends soon you have had this enjoyment.  Soon to be actual riding and yet another level of enjoyment.  Life is good. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

kwells

The fun part is getting to hit it with a big hammer.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com