News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Hello Er'body!

Started by meduvinator, August 04, 2012, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meduvinator

Hello, I am a new Vision owner looking for insight and knowledge and for that this seems to be the place! I live in MI, if there are any fellow Michiganders out there Hey-oh!!! My bike is a 1982 550 I got for $300 in very poor condition, most of it seems to be cosmetic I'm hoping. My main weakness is electrical systems and this one is chockful of problems. Its certainly a project and I love to work on stuff like this so I hope it continues to be a joy and not a hassle!

JW if there was a specific Resto/Project bike thread for things like this. I am planning on thoroughly documenting my bike's transformation and I wondered if I should put that on General Board or Tech Talk. Since it is a medley of sharing my experience throughout the restoration, as well as periodic questions I wanted to make sure I start it under the right title.

Outside of my mechanical endeavors I enjoying music whether it be listening, performing, or writing. I am a big fan of Paintball, pick-up softball, and football. Baseball is my favorite sport to play or watch.

Looking forward to this new experience in my life and the ROV have my back!
Thanks!!!

Drikk14

Hello I too got my V for 300 dollars.  ;D Nice to meetcha and look forward to seeing the progress you make.
1983 Vision, Work in Progress

QBS

Welcome  to the Forum.  The search feature is your new BFF after, of course, the Haynes shop manual.

Rikugun

Hi and welcome to the site. Here you'll find all the info and help you need to get your Vision up and running. I don't see why you couldn't start your own resto thread and document everything there. Personally, I'd find it easier to follow being all in one place. Often new members will start a different thread for every problem that comes up and it's sometimes difficult to remember what's been done as the project proceeds. But that's just my 2 cents.  ;)  As to where to put it, I'd think either tech or general would work but then again, it's not my place to say.  :( :) ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan