News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Picked up a parts bike (Parts!!)

Started by munkyfistfight, August 07, 2012, 10:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

Hey gang! Yesterday I picked up a parts Vision that I'm willing to start parting out. Don't let the pictures fool you, it's actually in really great shape. The owner told me it had been garage-kept for most of it's life (although he told me when he found it it was parked under a tree). The odometer reads just South of 30k miles.
-Raj already claimed the front foot pegs and controls.

-The gas tank looks like crap on the outside, but I think it had been sanded for paint. There are few minor dings and dents (some look like they had been filled already). But my estimation, it's easily repairable. There is no fiberglass anywhere and there is only a little surface rust on the inside.
-The wiring harness looks to be in great shape.
-The R/R doesn't look like it's ever been moved from the battery box, although I can't imagine it's original.
-The frame has no rust anywhere.
-The PO had started to spraypaint parts an aweful shade of green.
-I'm keeping the MAC pipes and the seat because they look brand new. I may be willing to part with my stock exhaust...not sure yet.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

munkyfistfight

Also, where can I pick up gaskets for the MAC exhaust?
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana