planned ride in September

Started by don_vanecek, August 12, 2012, 10:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

So...my son in law on his 900 Vulcan and me on the Vision are planning a ride Sept 9-15th.  first Stop visit my son in Minneapolis, then to Fort McCoy in Wisconsin (my son in law is a full time Navy recruiter so we can use the Military hotel) then to Chicago where he has a brother (get the jest, cheap trip) then to another military base by Saint Louis, then to Kansas City where I have a son and a brother, then back to NE.  Not sure of total miles but maybe 1200 or so you notice we have no one day that is a terribly long ride. 

Got the oil changed today and put new plugs in, sure shifts a bit better, you know the old plugs looked fine, front a bit darker then the rear, but gosh the bike sure started better, took about an hour ride this evening, bike sure seemed to run sharper.  I still want to check the carb syn yet before the ride and check out a few other items.

Later.   The picture is from last years trip with my son in law.         

fret not

Here's wishing you smooth sailing.  Should be a nice outing.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

don_vanecek

all right, it appears my trip is almost ready to go, seems I have the Vision all up and ready, put the manometer on it yesterday, readjusted the carbs slightly, had a test run Sunday night to Omaha and back, runs as good as ever.  One of the members of my VJMC club lent me his tank bag that came with a used 2012 Yamaha tenere he bought, fits on the Vision not too badly, geez looked up the list price, $160.00 bucks, sorry but I don't see this worth that much money but it sure is nice, afraid no GPS for me so I did want a map pocket. 

changed the oil and looked over his 2008 900 vulcan, he needs to check his tire more often, they were each a good ten pounds too low, looked at this air cleaned, he could use a new one those bikes sure don't have a very large paper area, and it's all a molded piece, bet it's going to be about 30 bucks or more. My guess is both of us will need tires next year, that this trip will finish em off.

So for me, Minneapolis on the 8th, to Ft McCoy in WI on the 10th, chicago the 11th to Saint Louis on the 13th, Kansas city on the 14th , Jefferson and I have a plan to get together on the 16th, back to NE on the 17th, at the moment the weather outlook is good!     

Tiger

Go ride the cobwebs outta her and have some fun Don :o ;D ;D :D :D :D... 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!