Cr480r question. (sorry not a vision I know)

Started by Hartless, September 08, 2012, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

I just figured more people look here then in off topic. I need a flywheel puller that is 27mmx1rh thread and I can not find one anywhere ( except mcparts.com for $103 usd)  anyone know where or have one I can buy? Might just have to make one.

I have been sitting on putting my cr back together now for about 3 months because I need to change the crank seals and can't without this tool!
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Rikugun

What year bike and are you sure its RH thread? Amazon sells a LH 27 x 1 for $9.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

Bought one at Harbor Freight and it worked just fine, don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't too high.      BDC

Hartless

Positive it's a right hand thread. I have a lh thread that doesn't work. It's an 82 cr480r

Rikugun

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Hartless

Quote from: Rikugun on September 09, 2012, 08:53:17 AM
This one lists CR480R 82-83 as being LH
http://www.amazon.com/flywheel-puller-CR250R-CR450R-CR480R/dp/B004RXKJ6Q
They had two different flywheels. One with a lh thread and one with a rh.  Before I knew that, I bought that puller haha

Hartless

I'm just going to make one tomorrow on a lathe

Rikugun

QuoteThey had two different flywheels. One with a lh thread and one with a rh.

I didn't lnow that but wondered if that possibly was the case. Honda is known to do such things...  :D

Hartless

Quote from: Rikugun on September 10, 2012, 06:36:33 PM
QuoteThey had two different flywheels. One with a lh thread and one with a rh.

I didn't lnow that but wondered if that possibly was the case. Honda is known to do such things...  :D
Me either... And I wish I didn't need to know that haha. I can't even find a bolt that size to make one out of