Main Menu

Hobbies ?

Started by Jimustanguitar, September 12, 2012, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

im gonna post them anyways.... if anyone doesn't like them, well pm me and i will take them off! I originally posted a couple more but I figured the gut pile might be offensive to some!

there is also one of my first steelhead. 9lbs. I also had a torn acl at the time( they wouldnt let me go back to work, i fished almost every day for a month! awesome... :) )
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Roddierox

Hi, Ive had a few hobbies over the years, usually comes back to bikes! I too was into R/C planes but crashed too many so have now had a couple of flying lessons, easier to control inside a plane than from the ground! I did martial arts for many years, black belt in Chinese Boxing, very good for fitness. I'm still into cycling, but, yes back to bikes with engines, much easier to get around on!
My Harley has taken up half my spare time coverting it to 1200cc. The other half of my spare time has been taken up by my recently aquired XZ550- rebuild the stator, new starter clutch bolts, two loose one broken off! New oil relief valve fitted. Bike now runs much quieter and no oil warning light on!.
Anyway, Harley being sold, 4x4 being bought for other hobby, off-roading, plenty of wet muddy hills in Devon (UK).
Enjoy whatever you do.

Rikugun

Quote from: Hartless on September 26, 2012, 07:07:24 PM
I originally posted a couple more but I figured the gut pile might be offensive to some!

I for one appreciat that especially right after eating.... ;D  Is that an Olympic elk with it's eye poppin out?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Jimustanguitar

I've always thought that I'd enjoy bow-hunting. My uncle that brings home a few deer every year is a lefty though, so I'd have to buy equipment just to try it. Maybe if jobs and the economy keep tanking I'll find a nice compound bow for cheap at a pawn shop.

Rikigun's right, you gotta pop that eye back in before you mount him, eh? Either that or make him stick his tongue out too :)

Hartless

He got up on me when I walked up to him. Had to do what I had to do, I hate seeing them suffer. I didn't fully mount him, did a European mount.
I'm currently on my way to go deer hunt in th same plac I got the elk in Wallowa, Or. Can't wait! Wish me luck!
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Walt_M.

I am going the New Port Richey this Friday to pick up something on my bucket list, an RZ350. I am still too big for it but I guess I am senile enough not to care!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rikugun

Congratulations Walt, Good for you! Every motorcycle enthusiast should have at least one 2 stroke before kicking the bucket.  And the RZ is a fine example. I'm not too proud to say I'm jealous. Enjoy it. :D  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

Thanks Rikugun, I got it home today and I am most pleasantly surprised! It is a runner and it is physically larger than my old RD400, I fit! It has track tires on it, Avon M22 and they have been hot so I will have to be careful with my test ride tomorrow.
Whale oil beef hooked!

George R. Young

Besides motorcycling, there's skiing, badminton, bicycling. Currently riding a vintage Raleigh Super Record road bike, upgraded with indexed shifting, while assembling a much lighter, more modern road bike based on a Windsor Wellington 3.0 frame.

Jimustanguitar

You should post pictures of your other bikes, that sounds interesting!

Rick G

I've  had dozens of two strokes and wish they were still around. The one remaining two stroke in my stable is a 1967 Yamaha YG1TK   Which reads , in old Yamaha speak , Yamaha, 80 cc, model #1 ,trail bike, oil injection.
Its nearly ready to run . I have to change the head ( broken fins) clear out the carb , prime the oil pump and add fresh gas.
Seems like the throttle cable and twist grip need attention too!  So far I have replaced the top end  and the tyres . I'm looking forward to  making some blue smoke!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

bergoff

My wife says that I have to many hobbies. I was into nitro rc cars for a few years but my neighbors wouldn't stop complaining about it. Then went brushless but lost interest. I just got back into shooting. I shot trap as a kid and loved it. I have an 8 yr old son and he loves going to the range so I try to do that when ever I can. I love my cheap 1911 charles daly midsize. And I'm also into vintage motorcycles. In the past few years I've had several. I wish I kept the rd125 it was a neat little bike. But I traded it for a 74 gt750 that I lost my tail on. Currently I just have a 79 xs650 and a is vision.