News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Spotted today in Seattle: custom painted, leather-bagged Vision

Started by pullshocks, October 02, 2012, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

Sport fairing, candy red, parked on 1st Avenue South,  a few blocks south of Safeco field, about 12:45 PM.  Who????
I was driving a company car so I could not stop, but whoever you are, it looked pretty cool.  Wish I could have stopped and left a note.

Rikugun

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pullshocks

Rikugun

Cool! Interesting paint job on a complete and clean looking '82 w/shark fairing - and low miles too.  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

don_vanecek

A crankcase seal??? 55 MPG-sorry people, you won't get that.  Certainly an interesting paint job!

Rick G

Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Jimustanguitar

I know that it probably is 100% legit, but I'd be weary of the whole no title / selling for a friend thing. One or the other isn't terribly uncommon, but both at the same time would make me want extra special documentation at the time of the sale.

fret not

The owner can apply to the DMV for a duplicate certificate of ownership, IF they are the owner of record.  Without proper papers it should be checked out via DMV or Highway Patrol to make sure it isn't stolen.  With no papers I would consider it as "parts only".
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rikugun

Quote from: Rick G on October 08, 2012, 12:52:08 PM
Actually you can , IF you go 40 mph!

Very true, it really depends on your speed and driving habits. My weekend riding group often uses back roads with posted limits as low as 25. In this part of the most densely populated state, back roads posted at 50 are few and far between. Our average speeds may be as low as 35 and on several occasions I've gone 180 miles before switching to reserve with MPG as high as 56-57. On a trip to the Adirondacks this summer the best I could do was 155 miles before switching to reserve obtaining 52-53 MPG. Only secondary roads were used but the average speeds were considerably higher through rural PA and NY which increased consumption. If the trip were mostly slab riding, I'll bet the mileage would have dipped even lower.

Rick G

On my first trip up county 18 from route 66 to Supi.  I realized after checking fuel level , prior to heading back , ( nearly 80 miles) That I was desperately  short on fuel.  The only option was to proceed at 35 to 40 mph, through some of the nicest twisties in North Western AZ. Next time  I carried 2 gallons of gas  in my saddle bags and enjoyed the ride.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

lexx790

I refill roughly every 125 miles and put 2.4 gallons in regularly which equates to 52MPG and that's doing my run to work 10 miles each way doing 70mph...ish  :)

Rick G

I checked my milage one in OR.  It was 49.00  mpg at 65 mph
Rick G

don_vanecek

Trouble is guys, I myself am sure I got 50 mpg once back in the old "can't drive 55" days, but for him to put that in his add as "if" 55 mpg of gas consumption is the norm rather burns me. 

And, you really need to check your MPG over several hundreds of miles, it is so darn hard to fill a Vision tank exactly the same every time you fill up, 2 or 3 tenths of a gallon difference can be the tank that seems to be 38 mpg or 46 mpg. 

I have taken several extended trips where I kept track of every drop of gas put in the tank for many hundreds of miles, I rarely got less then 40, I rarely got over 45, almost all the tank fills were between the two figures.

But, I think you will find 40-45 mpg typical of motorcycles in our size.  I have a copy of the "Cycle World" May 1982 road test of the Vision, I don't know what those guys were smoking but they printed fuel consumption for the Vision at 57 mpg, you suppose Yamaha gave them a specially prepared "ringer" for their road test???  No Way!     

Frankly I don't worry about mpg when on my V, it's my fun ride, my fast ride, my 2 wheel sports car, enjoy!