News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

RiderMeetup | Just launched moto-specific meetup site!

Started by unitivegreybird, October 24, 2012, 06:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unitivegreybird

Hey all,

Site here:http://www.ridermeetup.com
register using invite code REDDIT

First off, just wanted to say that I am in no way shape or form affiliated with the RiderMeetup team. I just thought that this could be an awesome tool to help facilitate and plan future rides. As of now there aren't any rides posted, seeing as the site just launched.

From the developer:

QuoteI've been a lurker for quite a while now and just saw the post about someone looking for a riding group in San Diego and decided it was time I posted. Ironically I've been working for the last several months on a motorcycle meetup group website. I haven't really released it yet, but if you redditors from San Diego would like to check it out and let me know what you think, that would be cool! The URL is http://www.ridermeetup.com. You can use the invite key REDDIT. This is literally the first place I posted this, so until someone creates a ride you won't see any there. Basically the concept is if you want to go riding on a day, you set up a meetup and other riders can sign up or chat about the ride. I have a TON of features lined up for the future if there is enough interest in the site. Let me know what you think.

Future features to be implemented:

QuoteNot much right now, but keep in mind that this is a beta version of the website. As with most start-ups, features will be added, and those features will differentiate it from other sites out there. We've developed several components for the website that are either 90% complete or haven't been tested yet and will be rolling them out as we finish testing. So while you may not see much of a difference right now, we'll pick up our own style and end up being a unique service. Keep in mind that unlike meetup.com we're 100% geared towards riders, we can put in functionality that only applies to us without worrying if that functionality would be beneficial for some sewing group too.
Here's a bit of a teaser of what we have planned for the future, some of which are in place by other sites, some of which aren't. Basically the concept is to be match.com + meetup.com + nerddinner.com with a bit of social networking rolled in. Here's just a few things we have planned:
We're going to add friend list so you can quickly invite friends to rides.
You'll be able to enter the types of bikes you own as well as preferred riding styles so the system can match you up with rides that match your style, and shoot you out an email of the rides around you if you choose to be notified of such (it'll also give weight to the number of friends you have on a specific ride as well as the riders that you have rated poorly if we implement that).
You'll have the ability to rate other riders and comment on them (e.g. this guy is cool, this guy knows how to ride, etc) so you can ride with the people you like and avoid those you don't (not 100% hashed out yet and may not ultimately be implemented since we use real first names and last names). This may just end up being more like a "private note".
Create private rides that aren't viewable by the general community, only those you invite.
Make public rides that people don't have to be logged into the system to view.
The ability to make "x only" rides (e.g. female only, Harley only) that will only show based on your account settings.
There are a ton more features coming up, these are just the ones off the top of my head.
Edit: for clarity

Feel free to share this amongst your buddies.
1983 Yamaha Vision - Aesir
Everett, WA