News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Bike Babes

Started by The Prophet of Doom, October 31, 2012, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do we want to oppress people by denying them the right to have a Bike Babes thread?

Yes
3 (13.6%)
No
12 (54.5%)
I couldn't give a shit
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 22, 2012, 11:22:42 PM

Aelwulf

Quote from: Night Vision on November 11, 2012, 10:04:21 PM
good luck with that... I recall a few years ago suggesting a Vision bathing suit calendar... but none of you prudes wanted to pose  :o

Cue the ocular scarrage... ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rikugun

Quote from: roro on November 18, 2012, 06:45:42 PM
I changed it - not Ron, and no greed involved.
I did not know that anyone could change a poll started by another?

Quote from: roro on November 18, 2012, 06:45:42 PM
...when you say that you want to limit content to only what you find acceptable, then you are being oppressive.  This is a motorcycle forum not a church group.  In the motorcycle community babes are acceptable.  Live with it.
Bit of a double edged sword in that expanding content to align with your tastes may seem oppressive to others. Even if one doesn't avail themselves to that thread, the forum has been changed - some will see it as a positive change but not all.

I don't think babes and bikes are intrinsically linked but rather a matter of personal opinion. I also see allowing such content potentially being a continual struggle to monitor as some may wish to push the envelope.  Where do you draw the line as to suitability? One person's PG13 may be another's R.  :o

As far as driving women away... In the US women constitute 15-20% of the motorcycling community. As of this moment active participation by women at the ROV seems to be at 0%. I don't think women have been kept away by our behavior but rather a desire to enjoy a ride, not because they enjoy working on their ride.  :(  They are probably purchasing something newer and turn-key. :D Just my 2 cents.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

Here is my submission to Biker Babes of ROV.   8)   :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

YJ she is by far the most adorable ROVer i've seen yet!!!! are you sure you guys are related?
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Rikugun

ummm, she is a he dude!  :D "babe" as in baby  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

He is kind of pretty, must have taken after his Grandmother.     BDC

Rikugun

I think Bobby's trying to tell you something Dave  ;)  :)

YellowJacket!

LOL!  yup, my Biker Baby is a boy... Sawyer.  His mom likes his curls too much to cut them.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

pinholenz

Much as I was mesmerised (and enjoyed!) Roro's infamous rear view, it is refreshing that this site is a cut above the rest. Its great to be able to share info and the same room with the wife and kids without apologising or reinforcing stereotypes available elsewhere. I'm with Fret Nut.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550