News:

Main Menu

Adieu.....

Started by Tiger, December 07, 2012, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

For the first time in several years my garage is with out a Vision!!! ... 'The Mistress' left my place for the short journey to be with her new owner :'( 

As many are aware, I had been looking for something with a bit more grunt, etc, for two up touring. Earlier this year, I found an '85 FJ1100 that has now become ride number one.
Given the cost of insurance here in Ontario, $535.00 a year for bog basic insurance for 'The Mistress' and nearly $200.00 more for the FJ and the fact that the 'V' wasn't getting used and was just sitting around, I reluctantly decided to let her go. She has gone to a friend of mine who has been wanting a Vision since they came out!!!

I have enjoyed every minute of my Vision ownership, the OnROV spring and fall rides, the buying/rebuilding & selling of all those Vision's and the people that have become friends...all because of a special wee bike that I picked up all those years ago.

I will always be gratefull to the ROV membership.....Its the end of an era, however, I will continue to roam the forum from time to time...Adieu...but not good bye 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

We've already been missing you since you got the FJ. I was thinking about you yesterday that there is likely no one on this planet who has put more Visions back on the road. Stay safe and return often Tiger.     BDC

fret not

Tiger, you are shaking the very foundation of this world with that news!  I wish you all the best, and frequent returns, for you know we have grown to rely on your supply selection and witty assistance when questions arise. :-X ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Night Vision

unless he gets a transfusion, the vision will always be in his blood

he'll still pop in now and then... resistance is futile ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rikugun

I had a feeling once the FJ joined the fleet it was just a matter of time for the V :'(   I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision as Visions have been a part of your life for some time. It sounds like the Mistress went to a deserving owner who will respect the time and care you afforded her and that's a good thing.

All things change and as Re-Vision pointed out your presence has been missed all ready. I haven't been here as long as some but long enough that your posts helped me when I began work on my V. In addition, my purchasing experience with you was a pleassure.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, time and good spirit.  :D Continued luck with the FJ and looking forward to having you pop in the ROV from time to time.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

PwrManDan

This is a sad day, I hope to see your presence from time to time, I have benefited from all of your posts and guidance.

Thank you Tiger!

Fuzzlewump

Agreed. Even to a newbie like me, it's a bit of a feeling of loss hearing this news.   :(  I haven't even fired the bike up yet and I've already benefited immensely from your assistance, both with posts and parts.

Would be cool to see you again on the forum later down the road, don't be a stranger!

Thanks a ton for the help Tiger, and keep her rubber side down!
Know ye not that ye are a gremlin?? Thou hast no quarter here- flee now from me!!

don_vanecek

Well we hope you will still bless us with your Vision wisdom, and your parts until you run out. At least here in the States I can keep mandatory liability and put plates on the V for about $100.00 a year.  I've always been shocked when our northern friends have told us what you guys have to pay up north.

Aelwulf

Best of luck Tiger!  Being one who got a 'bigger' bike I can definitely agree about it nudging for more usage.  But the V is still there begging to be taken out.  Give it a bit and you might be looking for a new 'Mistress' once rates settle, etc. ;) In the meantime enjoy the new ride!

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rick G

Tiger let me know some time ago he had sold the Mistress and all the parts to a friend . I've missed him on the form too, although we exchange the occasional email.
I still have my vision and lots of parts , I just need to rebuild the top end  and repaint it.  I hope I live long enough!  LOL

I decided nearly 3 years ago to supplement the Vision with a similar bike , to take the load off of it , as an only road bike , My insurance is 80. a year so when I get the Vision rideable again, I'll take turns with them . The VX800 is better as a long distance  bike , so if I'm headed to Flagstaff,Lost wages or CA. it will be the bike of choice, the XZ550 is superior in the twisties , so if I,m headed to Oatman on old 66  or up High way 18 to Supi it will be the Vision.

I'm running in to some pretty bad arthritis in my thumbs so I need to apply lots of Capsasin on them days in advance , my left knee is acting up again and now my right hip. But they don't affect my riding. So far!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

OMG!  Say it isn't so!  I looked to make sure the date wasn't "April 1".    :-[

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Hartless

Tiger, one day you will get her back. I have a feeling it won't be long....Until then you will be missed!
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Tiger

Hi guys...thank you all for the kind words, I am humbled :-[

As you would all expect, I will start pulling the FJ apart over the next wee while and make sure she comes back next season in even better form 8)

So far, I've picked up: A new set of Pirelli Sport Demons, as the tires that are on, although in over all good condition, are not what I want to ride with next year. New front and rear wheel bearings to go in...given the wheels need to come off anyway, again not really needed, more of a way of 'cheap insurance', as it were. A H.I.D headlight system to help these tired old eyes out at night ::) actually its a matter of better lighting, more chance that someone WILL see YOU!!! New clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit to go in along with the new S S line. Four carbs rebuild kits sitting on the shelf, as the carbs will come off for a full strip, clean & rebuild, valve adjustment, engine oil/filter change, check all the electrical connectors, etc, etc......Hmmmmmm, seem to have been this way before, me thinks  ;D :D :D :D :D :D

You never know, sometime in the distant future, a 'new' Mistress may be built... ;)

8) ........ TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Cdnlouie

I am already feeling the repercussions! No more calls to rebuild carburetors for Tiger's Vision fleet, no more breakfast/lunches to discuss the latest Vision project, no one to sit out the winter with while spring looms on the distant horizon.  Man, I'm going through serious withdrawal here!  :o

Definitely the end of an era, when several crazy guys just wanted to relive their youth with a bike that was the technological wonder of our time.  Back in 2000 when I joined the ROV I thought I was the only one with a running Vision in Ontario, well a few years later I noticed this new fellow on the site and decided to ring him up (him or me, not sure who).  Well that was a pleasant mistake! Our first coffee at Tim's I noted that it was hard to get a word in edgewise to "our" (his) conversation and I don't have a problem with talking. Well I guess over the years you get used to it and his personality is definitely "addictive." We are all addicted to Tiger and sure hope that another Vision comes into his life in the future.

I will always remember the first ONROV when we cemented such awesome friendships with Joe Vac, Night Vision, Tiger, Kenny & Dorthy S., Wolf M., Brian M., Brian B, and myself Cdnlou) and Rick G (in spirit, posted to a cardboard cut-out). Not long after as a result of Tiger's recruiting and rebuilding efforts we added Art K., Cyndy L, Kevin & Tammy C., Suraj S, Robert V., and we remember "Big Barry" (who left this world this year), who rode his vintage Goldwing with us every ride.

There were a few others that came and went along the way, but we will not likely ever see this many Visions in one place in Canada again.  We do indeed say "Adieu"  :'( to those who no longer tear up the roads on this great motorcycle, cheerfully enjoying such great camaraderie. 

Thank-you my friend for a spectacular motorcycle experience.  Cheers to you!  :laugh:

Night Vision

wow, that almost sounded like an obit.... he's still around I believe....

never known him to turn away non-vision riders on his rides so now that he's sportin an FJR, I think he'll still ride with ya  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

HEY, I'm still alive and kickin' folks, seriously, I am ... RAFLMAO

Work has me as busy as the grim reaper looking for lost souls  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

In fact, on Monday, I started to strip down the FJ that's been sitting on the lift for several weeks now, patiently awaiting me getting my a$$ in to gear!!! Nothing serious, just the usual 'older ride' winter repair/replace/tidy up syndrome...new tires, HID head light system, clutch slave cylinder rebuild, etc, etc, so that come the warm weather, shes ready to rock and roll like a spring chicken once more 8)

I'll give ya a shout later next week for a coffee/brunch CdnLouie...

You never know, a Vision may make its way back to my shop one of these dark nights...when the wee wifey isn't looking hahahahahahaha.

Roll on spring and some good riding weather...whatever you may ride 8)

Good luck to 'Vandal' (who I met a week ago in Niagra Falls N Y)... 8)

8) ....... TIGER .......  8)

sunburnedaz

Tiger its been a blast. I think you should nominate a new torch bearer to carry on your legacy of having a garage full of vision parts.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Tiger

Quote from: sunburnedaz on January 18, 2013, 04:12:08 PM
Tiger its been a blast. I think you should nominate a new torch bearer to carry on your legacy of having a garage full of vision parts.

I've had a blast to ... and will still continue to do so as I won't be giving up my ROV membership any time soon... 8)

Ray, who now owns 'The Mistress', will be picking up all  the Vision parts that I have amassed over several years, come the spring time. I'm sure he will join the ROV and continue my legacy of looking after the Vision faithful... 8)

I'll obviously still help out were ever I can... :angel:

The question is, what the hell do I do with all the space I'll have when the clear out comes :o ;D :D :D... ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)

sunburnedaz

1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

fret not

John, quite likely some old vision will find you because of your specific knowledge and connections.  You can change the future but you can't change the past.  Or was that "if I don't see you in the future I'll see you in the pasture"? ;)

Be well, friend.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!