News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

well it's not a vision but...

Started by admin, December 20, 2012, 12:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

fret not

This has been popping up here and there for a while, and yes, it is pretty cool.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rikugun

I had not seen this before and yes pretty cool  :D Impressive gyro tests simulating being knocked about without tipping over.  If they can get the price to what they hope there might be a chance. I also wonder if it will achieve their target range.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Jimustanguitar

I want one as a car replacement (especially in the winter), but I think I would miss the man/machine interface of a traditional motorcycle. There's something satisfying about it that I can't explain.

I haven't tried one, but I don't even think I'd like the clutchless shifting and automatic brake proportioning on some of the newer bikes.

Rikugun

Quote from: Jimustanguitar on December 20, 2012, 08:18:16 AM
... I think I would miss the man/machine interface of a traditional motorcycle. There's something satisfying about it that I can't explain.
Yup, it would be akin to riding in a cage. You'd no longer be a brother of the wind!  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan