News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

It's a Honda, but it's sure good looking. Nice euro/cafe project.

Started by Jimustanguitar, January 09, 2013, 08:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

Rikugun

Neat little bike  :D  Great story for those into old school GP look, vintage cafe styling, classic SOHC Honda fours or just bikes in general. Thanks for the link.  :D

edit - just occurred to me there may be a Yamaha connection to this bike. Are they XS400 rims??
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rick G

The CB500/550 sounded great  and were reliable , but got lousy millage . I worked on lots of these  at John Burr Cycles , in Fontana  CA. in the early '70's
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

That is a cool web site, many pics.  I used to ride a 500 four, bought that sucker brand new green one in 1972. I got it from the low price dealer in Jackson, Ca. $1,300 OTD.  My cousin, already had a new brown one, and we rode 90 miles double to buy mine.  The town of Jackson is on HWY 49 and  is one the best roads in California . I can remember the ride home, identical bikes resonating, making music to my our ears. 
" border="0

fret not

Yeah, I had a CB500 also.  They were very cool bikes for the day, but can't hold a candle to the stuff from the last ten years.  I got to race one that belonged to the shop where I worked at the time, in a 250 mile road race at Vacaville, CA. (1972)  The Z1 Kawasaki boys were there with 4 of the Z1 900s entered, but only one of them finished.  This was shortly before they were available to the public to buy, which technically made the Z1 illegal in our rules but so what, I guess.  Anyway, John Green (the other rider on the Honda 500) and I got to thrash along for 250 miles and had a fun time doing it, and to be beaten by only one bike, that sole remaining Z1. 

That was a fairly forgiving track where you could mostly see the turns as you approached them and there weren't so many turns so you could memorize the track.  I liked riding there.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!