Main Menu

Vents repair

Started by Jirik, January 04, 2013, 03:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jirik

Hi,
I want to show you my vents repair. It is a little simpler, then ROV member Leather's repair shown on his pages ( http://www.jetav8r.com/Vision/Vent/VentRepair.html ).
I hope, it will be clear, though my English isn't very good. I rather made a lot of photos  ;)

You will need:

• Bolt Flat Head M5x16 mm
  • Plastic strip, dimensions about 90x14x5 mm
  • Straight spring wire, diameter 0.8 mm, long about 200 mm
  • Self locking nut M5

The production process is in three steps:
1/ Making of vent lever
2/ Measuring and drilling hole in vent door, drilling vent lever
3/ Making of spring

1/ Making of vent lever
I used plastic comb for fixing bottles during transport.  You can use any applicable plastic strip, which is modified to
90 mm length, 14 mm width and 5 mm thickness.

Filing grooves in the levers and bend (30-40° angle) front ends, right after grooves, closer to hole. It is necessary to good lock levers in "WARM" position and manipulate with levers in moto gloves.

2/ Measuring and drilling hole in vent door, drilling vent lever
Draw lines as is shown in next photos and measure position of hole (50 mm from the front edge vent door).

Put lever on the doors, mark center of hole on lever, drill the lever, than drill the doors.

3/Making of spring
Stick bolt through holes and start to bend wire. Use small pliers and continue step by step. Bend a, measure b, bend, measure, bend, cut wire.
Continue on the c end: measure, bend, measure, bend and cut :)

Reassembly mechanism, make spring preload and tighten self locking nut. But lever must turn relatively easily.
Try it lock in "COOL" and "WARM" position, it must go smoothly.

At the end I recommend making stops, which seal vent doors. I used plastic padding foam, which you can find a in box with new PC monitor, TV, ...
Lower "COOL" stop.

Upper "WARM" stop. It must be stuck before reassembling mechanism.

That's all. I ride with it so far only one season, but it works great.

Notes:
  Dimensions are only approximate, during making check regularly, that everything fits perfect.
  On some photos is normal nut, but at the end I used self locking nut. Some photos come from development.

Jiřík, phew  :)

pullshocks

Nice job.  Thank you for the very clear step-by-step photos.

Tiger

Jirik ... Good post, well documented with pictures included ...  8)

This will be of help to Visionaries ...  8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

GREAT Post!  Very helpful and your English is great too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)