News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New Horse in the Stable

Started by YellowJacket!, February 04, 2013, 05:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, with a new career comes a new reward.....
After driving my trusty accord for many years, I sold it to my son-in-law and decided to get something a little more fun.  An how fun it is indeed.  I got an awesome deal on a very well cared for 2009 Infinity G37X with AWD/AWS.  Its loaded with all the goodies and options.

Plus.....  YJ gets a couple more feet of room in the garage now.

Here's some pics:

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rikugun

That is a sporty little coupe you bagged there!  :) Unbelievable condition too for a 23 year old car, very nice.

Of course I have to ask, how long before you upgrade the other steed!?  :(
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

LOL!  oops... its a 2009.  Radical styling back then.  Somewhat akin to the Ford Probe.

David

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

PwrManDan

I say we all meet at David's house, tear it down and put it back together.

Night Vision

Nice pick! wats' AWS?

all wheel steering?

yeah. it think that's what it is... my son had a Nissan 240sx where the rear wheels turned slightly...

If we're gonna turn that puppy into a drifter, you'd better start looking for a lock out bar  ;D ::) ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

admin

Doctor Dave !  sweet ride.  does that thing really put out 320 horse ?
awesome.
  btw, are you taking up golf next ?    ::)    ( j/k )

;D

YellowJacket!

Yup, AWS = All Wheel Steering.  Takes a bit of getting used to and makes for an interesting feeling when changing lanes.

The specs say it has 330 horses and 270 torque.  Its got some giddyup and go.

Ron, LOL.... I took up golf 2 1/2 years ago after some of my classmates talked me into trying it.  I have improved marginally.

There is a placard on the trunk lid interior that shows how to shoehorn two golfbags into the shoebox of a trunk.

Probably not the most practical of rides (I was also looking at a 2010 BMW 335XI and 328XI) but now that Vicki and I are empty nesters, we figured we'd have a bit of fun.  Vicki still won't ride on YJ.

Now the bad news....  I was offered a job working with a neurosurgery group and since the offer was great, bought the car.  Unfortunately, when I sat down a few days later to sign the contract, there were some serious inconsistencies. I ended up turning down that job.  However, I had a great interview today with a large pulmonary practice so hopefully that will work out.

David

YellowJacket!

This car is phenomenal...  I have to be careful because my Accord was about 1/3 as much HP and stepping firmly on this cars gas launches it off quite quickly.  Other than that, Vicki and I took a day trip in it the other day and it was quite comfortable and fun to drive.

David

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rikugun

Now all it needs are some YellowJacket stripes  8)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

Searched high and low for a yellow and black one and couldn't find one.   :P   :'(

David

pinholenz

Lovely looking car. Sent me searching for Infiniti motors. Never heard of them. Oh yeah, luxury Nissans! Akin to Lexus for Toyota. Hmm. Got it. Surprisingly economical.

Congratulations.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

YellowJacket!

Quote from: pinholenz on February 23, 2013, 06:16:50 AM
Lovely looking car. Sent me searching for Infiniti motors. Never heard of them. Oh yeah, luxury Nissans! Akin to Lexus for Toyota. Hmm. Got it. Surprisingly economical.

Congratulations.

Thanks.  You'd probably recognize it as the Nissan Skyline.  Economical?  Well... 18mpg around town is somewhat less than I'm used to.  More reason to use the Vision for short trips.   ;D

David

Rikugun

YJ, you may have to change "Living the dream - Going to Physician Assistant School"  to "Living the dream - Graduated and driving an Infinity"   ;D

kiawrench

lol,, yup rubbin' elbows with elite now, got fancy title, flashy new car(making up for something?). next thing, you will be trading afternoons on YJ for weekends on new victory bike with all the farkles and trying to get tickets for Bob Segar shows.

__please read this as just me being damn glad to see you are reaping your just rewards__  damn lot of work is behind you now and you still managed to build a bike,keep it running and found ample time for family. that really says a lot.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Hey Kia, good to see you round these parts again.

Thanks my friend.  No Victory for me.... I own the ORIGINAL Vision.  :-)

David

Rikugun

The Victory Vision - it's Colossal!  :o

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Rikugun on March 16, 2013, 04:23:08 PM
The Victory Vision - it's Colossal!  :o

.... and ugly.

:o  ::)

David