It's GRADUATION TIME!!!! I Did It!!!!

Started by YellowJacket!, December 04, 2011, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PwrManDan

YellowJacket!

Decisions decisions decisions....

Cardiology or Neurosurgery

A special THANK YOU to everyone for all the motivation, kind words and support!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

fret not

Sleep on it!  Maybe an idea will happen.

How soon do you need to make the decision?  (Is there a wrong decision?)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

Hmmmm, do you follow your heart or go with your brain ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

I'm sure what ever you choose it will be a good move for you and your family 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on December 15, 2012, 07:00:19 AM
Hmmmm, do you follow your heart or go with your brain ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

I'm sure what ever you choose it will be a good move for you and your family 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)

LOL Tiger!!!

I said the same thing!   ;D

David

Re-Vision

Congrats David, bummer that the world is ending Friday.    BDC

YellowJacket!

WOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!  Just found out today that I passed my PA board exams!!!

Hopefully I will be starting my new job in Neurosurgery in a couple weeks - pending contract negotiations.  I am sooooooo excited!!

Thank you so much to everyone for all of the encouragement over the years.... its been a long and tough three years!  Now, maybe I can ride YJ more often.

David

Tiger

Congratulations my friend...well deserved after all your hard work and dedication.

Sit back, smell the roses and enjoy the thoughts of good times ahead ...  8)

8) ....... TIGER .......  8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

good job!  do we get a discount on brain surgery?  if not, can you at least find out why we're obsessed with these vision?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rikugun

Great news David! Congratulations, that really is awesome.  ;D  ;D Having more time to ride the Vision I mean.....   The other news is OK I guess too.  :P  ;D  ;D

Seriously great work brother. I'll bet your family is very proud and thrilled for you.  ;)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

YellowJacket!

Another Update....

Well, what they tell you in an interview isn't necessarily what you see in the contract or so it happened to me.  I ended up turning down the neurosurgery job - as exciting as it was.  While the "base" salary was good, that was all it was.  No overtime, no comp time, no bonus, no productivity...nothing but the amount they finally quoted which was less than half of what we talked about.

But... The day before I was to sign my contract, I got a call from a large hospitalist group here in town asking me if I was interested in an interview.  I almost turned them down but didn't and I am glad.  The offer as well as the contract was much better plus I will be working 10 hour day shifts rather than all day and night and being on call.  I will be a pulmonary and critical care hospitalist PA working at one of the local hospitals here...not the one I used to work at but a new and exciting opportunity.

So... my start date is sometime this April pending hospital credentialing so I have some more time off to enjoy...

David

Rikugun

Man, you are on a roll!  Would you mind blessing my Vision for the upcoming riding season!?  :angel:  :laugh:
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan