News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

carburetor hose and fuel level sender

Started by 1skier, May 12, 2013, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1skier

So, my new to me '83RK, which came to me in a partially disassembled state, has presented me with a few small mysteries that I'd like some help on.
-1. Where is the connection for the fuel level sender (in the tank) to the wiring harness? The wire is currently routed from the sender, back through the two bent metal clips in the tunnel of the tank and appears, neatly projecting a few inches, next to the rear mount for the tank. Unfortunately, I can find neither hide nor hair of the corresponding connection on the wiring harness, either there or forward of the tank.
-2. On the right side of the front carburetor, just below (about 1/2") the bell mouth of the carb is an air port that terminates on the exterior of the carb with a stub fitting for a hose (about 1/8" hose).  To where does this connect?

Thanks for any guidance

Re-Vision

1. Lift up the tray just forward of the fuse panel and you should find the fuel level connector coming from the harness.
2. There should be a small round filter on the right side of the front carb which normally connects to the stub fitting. Pictures if needed.

BDC

1skier

Thanks!
I'll delve into the location you mention tomorrow for the fuel sender connection.
The little round air filter, on the other hand, is already connected to  a stub on the front of the front carburetor. The stub I am talking about is on the right side and the hole just goes through the carburetor body about 1" down from the top end of the bell of the carb, ending in a simple hole inside the throat of the carb.
Might it be a breather connection from somewhere? (I had said it was about 1/2" down when I posted the question, but I checked and it's a little further down)

1skier

Soooo..... The mystery vacuum fitting on the front carburetor is for the vacuum operated flapper in the airbox - the vacuum hose runs through a small hole in the unfiltered section of the airbox and connects to the diaphragm - YES! another mystery solved!